Everyone is a saw mechanic.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy claims he has built hundred of saws but can’t figure this one out. It has good compression it just won’t start. Lmao.

Probably this quality aftermarket cylinder would be my guess. When are they going to learn?

A guy dropped off a Holzforma G660 of for me to fix. I called him to get the story: cylinder bolts backed out while he was running it, possible crank damage. I asked him if he wanted to spend the money to have the case split and the crank and bearings replaced.

“Whatever you think is best for the saw to run for many years, I want to protect my investment.”

Not sure how to respond. This saw will likely be toast in 30 tanks no matter what I do. This AM stuff may just get banned from my shop. People have absurd expectations.

A guy dropped off a Holzforma G660 of for me fix. I called him to get the story: cylinder bolts backed out while he was running it, possible crank damage. I asked him if he wanted to spend the money to have case split and the crank and bearings replaced.

“Whatever you think is best for the saw to run for many years, I want to protect my investment.”

Not sure how to respond. This saw will likely be toast in 30 tanks no matter what I do. This AM stuff may just get banned from my shop. People have absurd expectations.
Dont do it ! Tell him its junk.

Guy claims he has built hundred of saws but can’t figure this one out. It has good compression it just won’t start. Lmao.

Probably this quality aftermarket cylinder would be my guess. When are they going to learn?

His name isn't Jason Stratton (jms saws) is it?

Joe, you keep saying that you're getting out of saw??. They keep pulling you in.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Joe, you keep saying that you're getting out of saw??. They keep pulling you in.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Every time I buy whatever Joe has laying around, he says he’s done. He will never be done with saws, I think it’s more of a case where he is trying to convince himself more than us.

Back