Beg for Service manual, Stihl MS271

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Need SERVICE manual for a Stihl MS271.

This is a very low hour saw, been stored more than operated. Saw looks almost new.

Starts and idles good but bogs in the cut when loaded up, when starts acting like starving for gas, can remove from the cut and piss rev few times and back to the cut and same again. Saw seems normal when piss reving.

The H jet adjustment with the limiter does not cure the in cut bogging.

I'll be checking fuel lines, pulse lines, etc.

May have to remove carb for replacement of the lines and /or or a kit.

All of those are on a Mediacat disc.

I have the mediCAT but
I was computer challenged (disfunctional) as to how to get just the service manuals out of a mediaCAT. I've been fumbling back and forth going through the complete medicat just to review a service part or info, etc. I'll start sending the individual SERVICE workshop manuals to a CD for reference now that I've located such.

I finally noticed just the service manual available under a drop down link when viewing a ms271/291 under workshop manuals just now after your hint. I'm not really familiar with all the mediaCAT data just yet.

Thanks for the hint.

It is very nice to use. You can click on a part number, then click on "where used", and it will list all of the units that that part is used on.

I found that under ITEM AND INFORMATION>(then) where used

Very good info, thanks for that hint. I have some other Stihl new and used parts for other models. I can now label them as to what other models the parts interchange.

Back