What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking some Spanish today....
20190619_091435.jpg

20190619_091931.jpg

getting the pellicle under the ceiling in the kitchen.
20190619_143219.jpg

.....well there was some shrinkage, many pieces must of fell off the grate. I like it but I won't put garlic powder or 4 drops of liquid smoke in the brine for these oily fish. I did sample it many times throughout the smoking and this is all that's left......

20190619_210955.jpg

You people make this look easy, and yummy.
I recently got a brinkmann charcoal smoker. Today is my second try.
So far, it looks like this thing is going to the scrap yard. Supose I can use it aas a regular grille. Always preferred the dollar store grilles over this pet rock lol.

Not hot enough, no vent, no degrees on gauge, having no manual is not helping.

You people make this look easy, and yummy. I recently got a brinkmann charcoal smoker. Today is my second try.
So far, it looks like this thing is going to the scrap yard. Supose I can use it aas a regular grille. Always preferred the dollar store grilles over this pet rock lol. Not hot enough, no vent, no degrees on gauge, having no manual is not helping.

ck out utube on it... plenty of info. new and no manual? really??.... maybe u can find an online pdf of it... good luck! these units usually do well. they are slow cookers, though....

Actually after my whine the food turned out great.
Brined chicken parts smoked for 2 hours then finished in kitchen oven for a short time. Then whole ear sweet corn. I used charcoal hickory and sassafras.
No water this time.

A learning curve thing I am sure.
No manual because the unit came with a load of scrap.
Looks used very little.

I admit that batch was not as good as the last time I smoked some mackerel. I smoked it on a weber kettle but just as I was ready to put it on, a downpour came down for 10 mins.
The grill was ready and I put the fish on but the humidity was high and steamy when the sun came out and stayed that way for hours. I think it took much longer to dry the fish because of the humidity I could feel and see. I also overloaded the kettle, not enough space between the pieces for the smoking......grill/smoke and learn :cheers:

Here is some chorizo. From scratch. Pork loin some seasoning and a bunch of other stuff my parents added. Definitely a Portuguese recipe! I can’t take the credit for it. My parents did everything from the meat to the intestines to the seasoning. They’re just here to use my property. Pretty unconventional, but it works!
722D0F49-4734-4CFB-B8C9-69FECD69E672.jpeg
63D377DF-C8E3-431A-83EB-9D17446D9583.jpeg
BF14BCA1-C6BB-42BE-9D4E-225DA6CBD03A.jpeg

Back