Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my 2100 compression release. I drilled a 3/16” hole and used a 7/8” counterbore to sweep the surface smooth so the sealing ring would seal. Next I’d like to drill and tap it 14mm-1.25 so the adapter will screw into the top of the cylinder. Other than weld a slug on top of the cylinder then drill and tap it 10 mm -1 for the cr. Unless I buy a TIG machine.

There isn’t much meat at the top of the cylinder to work with. I’ll drill and tap it 14 mm-1.25 when all the tools and parts arrive. I’m drilling straight down on this one. With the next one I might angle the hole so it may have more meat for just the cr by itself.

Pics to follow.

Is there a Husqvarna oem case splitter for the 480/285/298/2100/2101?

I have two smaller case splitters and one can be made to fit the larger case but I’d rather buy one before taking drastic measures

Is there a Husqvarna oem case splitter for the 480/285/298/2100/2101?

I have two smaller case splitters and one can be made to fit the larger case but I’d rather buy one before taking drastic measures
I have the EMAB crankcase splitting tool 50 25 161-01. I've Never tried it on a 2100. Is it not large enough?
If the bearings are being replaced, standard practice is to heat the case halves in turn and tap the end of the crankshaft with a plastic-faced hammer. Then remove the bearings from the shaft with a puller.

Hutzl sell a copy of the EMAB puller for about USD18 if you end up deciding to experiment on something.

I have the huztl puller. I measured it and if I cut 1” off the part that goes in the crankcase it will fit the 2100. I have two of these case splitters. I can spare one. I was just wondering if there was a 2100 case splitter.

I just received a like new 2100 p/c my problem is it has thin rings there .63 mm thick. Where do I get these? I can’t find any info anywhere on these thin rings. They say thin rings have less flutter. It’s 56 mm bore and the rings mic .63 thickness. These rings are worn they lost there tension in the bore.

I just received a like new 2100 p/c my problem is it has thin rings there .63 mm thick. Where do I get these? I can’t find any info anywhere on these thin rings. They say thin rings have less flutter. It’s 56 mm bore and the rings mic .63 thickness. These rings are worn they lost there tension in the bore.
Have you read through this thread? See particularly the posts by 'husq2100'.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-2100-jungle-type.195847/

Those thin rings are getting pretty tough to find.

After inspecting the cylinder on my 2100 I decided to use a piston with thicker rings. With the .63 mm rings there’s blowby marks in the cylinder and in the piston. Right now I need one stock 2100.

Ok tell me what a rebuilt 2100 is worth? With new crankbearings, new crankseals, new am piston, good oem cylinder it’s all new. Value?

I’ll see if I can post pics the piston looks like new, I’m still looking for rings but for the right price since the rings are rare the pistons must be too.

Just a follow up on the crankshaft nut post.,,,,,
My new flywheel side crank nuts showed up today. I bought from partstree husky oem nuts $2+ and from boltdepot $0.36 both nuts have the same % of threads. The boltdepot nut is plated the husky nut is black. I ordered the oem washer too it’s a wavy washer, of course the boltdepot washer is flat.

I mainly deal with boltdepot, fast shipping. I ordered new bolts for the flywheel pullers I just purchased. The screws they come with are soft. Between the dirtbikes and saws I have a good stock of metric fasteners.

I found a set of 2100 56 mm / .63 thin rings. As soon as I’m sure they will fit the thin ring jungle piston I’ll post what brand they are. They also come in 58 mm too Incase they needed to be fitted. The 56 mm should work it’s just how the pin is fitted to the ring so they can’t turn. They are chrome rings too so they should last a longtime.

That’s a job for a 2100 with a 42” bar.......you guys have some big tooth pics in BC we have some old growth I cut but there short n fat,

Back