McCulloch ID Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa.dirtracer27

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked this Mac up today. It runs great but is missing the air filter cover and a few other parts. Other than the missing air filter cover is there any way to find out what model it is?
48101462be100f00ef479e62f4ff7dbe.jpg
d67517597e800b7781bce8e39f151b7d.jpg

Looks like a full wrap handle possibly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full wrap was the standard issue on the Super series models, finding a 1/2 wrap was the exception.

44 Models

McCulloch 44 Series.JPG

1-70 models, this happens to be a 1-72

1-72 6.JPG

The 700 model saws were equipped with an automatic oil pump mounted on the top of the oil tank. This one is a 795.

McCulloch 795 2-1.jpg

The CP125 and SP105/125 saws were also equipped with the full wrap as standard kit.

McCulloch SP125C Twins.JPG

Mark

1-76 stamped into the bottom but right below it is an 86 stamped into it with a a stamp crossing it out.

Either your saw is extremely rare, or your photo images are reversed as very few saws have the bar on left...

Flip it over and there should be a model number stamped in the bottom of the crank case, most likely a 1-7X of some sort.

Are you close to Knoxville?

Mark
I'm about an hour southeast of there. We were just up there last night.

That does not look like a gear drive. I believe I have seen a picture of a saw like that and someone made a comment that it was an Australian version with the bar on the right.

McCulloch frequently produced the blocks to go into either a direct drive or a gear drive saw. When it reached production, you simply struck through the model it did not become. They couldn't decide on this one if it was going to be a 1-76 or a 1-86...finally it was the 1-76 direct drive saw.

numbers 2.jpg

The 1-76 is a 99 cc direct drive brute.

DSCN4708.JPG

Mark

McCulloch frequently produced the blocks to go into either a direct drive or a gear drive saw. When it reached production, you simply struck through the model it did not become. They couldn't decide on this one if it was going to be a 1-76 or a 1-86...finally it was the 1-76 direct drive saw.

View attachment 745616

The 1-76 is a 99 cc direct drive brute.

View attachment 745617

Mark
Thank you for the information. I accidentally started collecting vintage Macs over the last 2 years. I have about 8 of them now.

Most of mine are in the saw shed in backyard & shop/garage at my house.A few remaining unfinished projects,boxes of parts plus some random parts donors are filling up one side of garage at parents acreage 1 hour to my west.That garage out there is just for general storage now - garden tractor,small cart,2 stage snowblower,bunch of hardwood lumber/plywood,other tools,odds & ends etc. Hasn't had a vehicle in it in 35 years haha

Back