346xp Frustration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
95% chance it'll clean up. I may even have a used OEM piston here we can slap in it

I swapped the cylinder and piston last weekend on an old 346xp. Someone must have dropped the thing because 4-5 of the fins were cracked off. Piston looked great.

First time doing a top end. Pretty straight forward. Almost forgot to put the cylinder on, because the kit didn't include it and I ordered separately and didn't realize I forgot it.

Ensure you have a long enough allen wrench to reach to the head bolts. Added metal intake clamp. She started on about the 10th pull. Runs and idles nice. Glad I did the job myself. Spent less then $150. Watched a youtube video or two for how to. Felt real satisfied after doing it.

Suggest you check for excess bearing play on the clutch and starter sides. Replacing bearing is a whole different world of tools and skill from a straightforward top end job.

You don't take down the shroud in the lowers. Interesting. The 42mm meteors are cheeeeppp... I like the way OEs run. Good small stuff saws...

Back