• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Clean & Ported Stihl 056 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Reaction score
I just finished this saw before the 4th. Good clean running and cutting saw. 87cc of stihl muscle. There is a couple of new parts like the kill switch, NOS dual port muffler, name tag, starter ring, starter pawls, and caber rings.

Now about the porting:

I took some material off the base on the lathe to tighten the squish to .020", modded the muffler a little bit, widened the ports, and played with the port timing. Overall she's pretty strong now. Makes 150 comp, should go up a bit once the rings seat.

Looking for $540 shipped. PHO. I'm pretty sure I have all lengths of bars and chain if you need a complete setup. If you're looking to buy or have a saw customized/restored shoot me a PM. I've done a number of them now and they always turn out very nice.

IMG_1825.jpg IMG_1826.jpg IMG_1827.jpg IMG_1828.jpg IMG_1829.jpg IMG_1830.jpg

I’ve got them already. 95% of the saws I sell, sell locally. Many times I don’t even post them online because there’s no need.

Btw I just do this as a hobby and I find it pretty entertaining and something that makes me want to learn new skills.

So thankful to have some of my own personal touches blabbed out on my thread. Where's the dislike button?

So thankful to have some of my own personal touches blabbed out on my thread. Where's the dislike button?

Your not the only one that has used heat shrink. That’s what this forum is for right? Help others out

Thanks Kyle, they have several different diameters , do you know which one is correct for a stihl 461? Or stihl in general I guess.

Sorry I don’t

Your not the only one that has used heat shrink. That’s what this forum is for right? Help others out

Specifically no. I am the only one. Or at least the only one who displays it online. Keep it among your selves not here in my thread. Little respect goes a long ways.

Nice old Stihl 056, back before 3/4 wrap when Stihl used a true full wrap. This one particularly nice with 1m x tube heat shrinking tubing non slip,waterproof,in multiple colors at Amazon for 4;99 to 10.99. Nice saw!!

All the anger I’m gonna have to drive over to Boulder & get in one of those safe spaces with those little triggered college kids! But first I’m gonna get me some of that 1m x-tube heat shrink, non slip,waterproof tubing from amazon for 4.99 to 10.99 to wrap my steering wheel!

Back