McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added a 640 to the herd a few weeks back. Got it up and running tonight. All it needed was a new pick up line in the tank and it fired right up and idled with little effort. Makes my 359 look like a toy.View attachment 746276
sweet!! good looking saw..it may eat that husky so you might want to separate them

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Its amazing how little a 32 looks on that big saw a 32 on my 800 seems huge.

Pretty stink video but anyway...

Constant cutting through knots is hard slow going. Hows the tune? Feels a tad rich but I'm happy with it like that on these big long cuts
yes sir your right got a 32 on my 8200 seems alot bigger on it...nice mac'n on that tree you should poor some epoxy on that and make a table or something wish i was with ya on that one..wasnt a bad video at all i thumbed ya on it

yes sir your right got a 32 on my 8200 seems alot bigger on it...nice mac'n on that tree you should poor some epoxy on that and make a table or something wish i was with ya on that one..wasnt a bad video at all i thumbed ya on it

Cheers Kevin:) I probably should do a table it's all headed for the wood stove in two years time otherwise. It deserves to be milled really but I don't have that gear and probably not nice on the old 800 either. There is still new 3120s on the shelf at the husky dealer in town lol

not sure ypu can read it properly but it says sandvik windsor chrome plated speed tip
a9a9090c18cc1dc1631cba2cf1f06d1c.jpg

Nice!

Pretty stink video but anyway...

Constant cutting through knots is hard slow going. Hows the tune? Feels a tad rich but I'm happy with it like that on these big long cuts

That's an insane buck, Jethro. Not sure which had more determination, you, or the saw! I think the tune sounds good for that particular task. I'm surprised you made the whole cut on one tank of fuel. Bet it was close. I believe I would have pulled the bar out of the cut a time or two myself to clear chips and dissipate some heat..., and give my back a rest, of course! LOL

Good job.

That's an insane buck, Jethro. Not sure which had more determination, you, or the saw! I think the tune sounds good for that particular task. I'm surprised you made the whole cut on one tank of fuel. Bet it was close. I believe I would have pulled the bar out of the cut a time or two myself to clear chips and dissipate some heat..., and give my back a rest, of course! LOL

Good job.

Big rounds for sure been making use of the 32 before that was doing it with a 24 lol I noodle them into 4 with a 20 inch saw and then 2 people can carry a quarter lol. Yeah I get about halfway through the next one and I run out of oil she's manual only at the moment too well pretty much it mite almost oil a 16 lol so yeah welcome relief on the back and the thumb too when it runs out. That's the 3rd sharpening now on the stihl full chisel and it's getting better and better very happy with that chain

Big rounds for sure been making use of the 32 before that was doing it with a 24 lol I noodle them into 4 with a 20 inch saw and then 2 people can carry a quarter lol. Yeah I get about halfway through the next one and I run out of oil she's manual only at the moment too well pretty much it mite almost oil a 16 lol so yeah welcome relief on the back and the thumb too when it runs out. That's the 3rd sharpening now on the stihl full chisel and it's getting better and better very happy with that chain
hey did you video the rest of that tree.did notice you made sure the other mac was in there for all to see i was digging the pull start cover gave me an [emoji362]

Told you you need 1 Ed lol

No sorry Kevin got a few pics but not many20190603_102215.jpg
A couple inches shy of 6 feet at the stump
20190616_135409.jpg 20190428_075944.jpg
Messy bloody trees but good fun the whole thing and about 4 others not quite as big have been processed with old macs mainly maybe 10 percent with a small husky if that. Most limbing is done with 1 of 3 70cc macs. Oh and a poulan 4000 too.
20190519_144702.jpg
Climbed this 1 about 5 meters with a 7-10 lol some of those are 16 to 20 inch lol.
20190519_153440.jpg
20190616_151454.jpg
Really enjoy cutting wood I'm working 65 hours a week lately most of saterday then all day Sunday have been cutting for a day of rest and relaxation lol

That's one helluva lot o' kindling right there. Bet that big stuff with all those crotches is a b**ch to split, too.

Yeah it's a bi#$h all right. Have been really spoiled to be honest with all the brush theres a 30T excavator coming along and clear the lot in a heap and put a match to it

Yeah it's a bi#$h all right. Have been really spoiled to be honest with all the brush theres a 30T excavator coming along and clear the lot in a heap and put a match to it
thats a awesome trunk jethro dang!! and nice presentation of your macs i just may be jealous..id send ya a oil pump for that 800 if you wasnt forever away

thats a awesome trunk jethro dang!! and nice presentation of your macs i just may be jealous..id send ya a oil pump for that 800 if you wasnt forever away.

Thanks mate its the thought that counts it probably just needs a clean out I have had it out and put a new disk in it from mark and was pumping great but after sitting a month or two it's got sad and now ive turned it up all the way but still sad. I have put some diesel in the oil so will see how it goes on sunday.

20190302_163821.jpg

Back