whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked with Grace Tree on Wednesday; he told me you called him to talk about the omme lifts. Cool to see you picked one up. They definitely have their niche and will complement your other equipment really well.

Thank you. Yeah, Phil seems like a genuinely good guy. Was nice of him to chat with me about the lifts.

All that plywood and you dont even put any under the outriggers, tisk tisk

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Haha. Good point, I’ll give you that. Must be that crane operator eye. I was running a little low on patience and plywood by that point to be honest, but I did think about it (and a rigger was already in the garden so kinda hard). I’m definitely gonna start doing that though. At least cut some squares out of a sheet and back up the pads with those.

That’s 44 sheets. Carry in the chip truck in two nice stacks chained up tight. It’s not a big deal really. Only having one CDL A driver (me) is the real time killer. At least most of my work is right close.

Plywood party!

Do you bring that much to every job? Which truck do you haul it in? An extra trailer?

I appreciate the extra effort to take care of client's yards.

We’ll stand that grass up with the backpack blower and it’ll look like we were never there. It’s worth the effort. Like I said, gotta have equipment and a system.

Now I have the luxury of having the tractor back at the yard in case I decide I need some (or more) plywood after the fact. That was the only rare occasion I ever had to do it by hand.

[QUOTE=Crazy it didn't damage the house as it twisted. Site won't let me post the videos (too large???) of how we got it down without smashing the ground level windows.

Did they keep the tree? Looks like the limb was growing up close to the eaves trough already?

Just cleaned some stuff a bit. Lol. Feels kinda weird leaving the el back at the shop. Been using both pretty hard though.

Both machines too. Used the tractor grapple to make some huge piles, then crunched them down for the Giant to carry out through the gardens and along the pool. I didn’t chip that crap, just stuffed it in Jefferson. Pretty hard core, ole Jeff is. LolF3E39541-1B35-4485-858B-E85DF9319487.jpeg
5D0BC931-BACF-4F33-B292-8D0191F1058D.jpeg
8905B38B-7DBE-43C3-BDF7-F5698C0A6953.jpeg

Nothing better then turning a 3 day job into a two day with a little luck and sweet talking the customer. 3 monster maples that were getting eaten alive (disturbing amount of carpenter ants) two other companies tried to gouge the sweet older couple for $6-8,000 assuring them only way possible was with a crane. Yeah not if I can help, we were able to pull the old fence on the back perimeter out of the ground (without damaging it) to gain an extra 30-50 feet of drop zone. I climbed each one to thin them out a bit since the yard was long but not wide (crazy neighbors on each side, one very old women threatened me when backing the chipper down the border of her yard tried seducing her with no success) once they were thinned to my liking we set up a block on a sturdy tree in the middle of the back property line to redirect the ropes to the f550 in the front yard. Each one landed exactly where we wanted, and seeing the relief in the clients when the third hit the ground was almost as rewarding as not having to climb and dismantle all three trees. Gotta love a good drop and go. Great way to end the week.

I had no interest in trying to seduce the wretched old British hag we worked for the last few days. Her husband could’ve used a good beat down too. Either they were the most obnoxious people I’ve worked for in a while (possibly ever, but that’s saying a lot), or I’ve just been in service too long. Omfg.

Those pads def look too small, a 4x4 sheet of plywood will go a long way. When you lay ply do you carry a bunk in on forks and just slide it off the machine or do you do it the hard way?

So I was looking at these 36” x 36” x 2” Dica outrigger pads. Still pricey as hell at $663.00, but shirrill is offering basically the exact same thing stamped Alturnamat for $800!!

Definitely a little overkill for that machine, but I figure I could keep them on the bucket and use them for that too. That and they’d just be handy to have around. And at least if that contraption does me in I’ll have given it my best effort.

Not sure which way I’m gonna go with this, but def on the wish list.

So I was looking at these 36” x 36” x 2” Dica outrigger pads. Still pricey as hell at $663.00, but shirrill is offering basically the exact same thing stamped Alturnamat for $800!!

Definitely a little overkill for that machine, but I figure I could keep them on the bucket and use them for that too. That and they’d just be handy to have around. And at least if that contraption does me in I’ll have given it my best effort.

Not sure which way I’m gonna go with this, but def on the wish list.
Those are some beast ass pads, might be a bit overkill. I seen those same pads listed on altec's site for $610 not sure what shipping would set u back tho.

Back