send cylinder out for boreing & plating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
re-building a saw for a friend. it is a sentimental thing for him. an Montgomery ward feather weight ( Remington mighty mite)

Im searching options for sending the cylinder out for bore and re plating. it is a chromed bore. chrome is flaking off. there are used ones available but in his interest I'm searching all possibilities.

is there anyone on this forum that is recommended or interested in helping me out?

there are quite a few local machine shops around my town that I have not talked to yet. im just reaching out here as well.

I appreciate the help.

re-building a saw for a friend. it is a sentimental thing for him. an Montgomery ward feather weight ( Remington mighty mite)

Im searching options for sending the cylinder out for bore and re plating. it is a chromed bore. chrome is flaking off. there are used ones available but in his interest I'm searching all possibilities.

is there anyone on this forum that is recommended or interested in helping me out?

there are quite a few local machine shops around my town that I have not talked to yet. im just reaching out here as well.

I appreciate the help.

This place, the price will scare ya,

https://www.usnicom.com/

Take some time and look around for a donor saw or even new old stock parts. Every now and again a new old stock piston shows up and there are a lot of barely used versions of those saws out there, depending on exactly which one you are looking for. Probably buy 10 saws before scratching at the price of reworking the cylinder.

Take some time and look around for a donor saw or even new old stock parts. Every now and again a new old stock piston shows up and there are a lot of barely used versions of those saws out there, depending on exactly which one you are looking for. Probably buy 10 saws before scratching at the price of reworking the cylinder.

Iv been looking form months. I have only found used cylinders and they say they are in “good working order”

That’s probably the route I’m going to have to go but I’m just weighing my options.

Thanks everybody for the help!

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts

Back