Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also forgot to mention that thanks to the help here, I will also be looking at the carburetor on my Poulan P3314. Seemed to me that I recall a bunch of fuel spilling into the cavity where teh carb mounts above the tank there as well. This got me thinking and wondering if the fuel line arrangement is the same as this and I may also have a cracked or such fuel line there as well! However, that will not happen for a couple of weeks till I can get it back from the cottage.

It's possible routed the same way. If it's a seal for the carb, and it's cracked, could be sucking air in leaning it out, I'd replace it. Don't want to burn up a saw running lean. Adjusting the carb with only mask the problem.

Steve Sidwell

Guys looking for those poulan 4000 395 pulleys dont pay those ebay gouging prices listed. I know a dealer that still has some in stock.
I am asking him if he wants me to buy the 2 or just send folks to him. If I have to buy them I will sell for my total cost plus the shipping for the guys in need of these.

Well sold my 3416, and assuming my other 2 start as they should tomorrow my 2055 and 2775 should be gone tomorrow. Going to upgrade to a 70cc saw to help out my 3700.

Still have a poulan pro 4218 that I'm trying to get going. It's being stubborn. It started and I tried to start adjusting the carb and it just wasn't happy. It was also hot out so I started sweating like a pig after pulling the starter like twice. I may go ahead and replace the other 2 fuel lines in it as I'm not convinced that wasn't part of the problem. If it still gives me grief I may cut my losses or pay $12 off of eBay to get a new carb. If it decides to play nice I plan to keep it for little stuff.

2775 started as she was supposed to. Not sure it's what I'd want to do the job he's doing (cutting up some hickory stumps but hey I sold her cheap and it ran great... Oh well)

Next up is the 2055.

1C45C048-FB0B-4CEC-925F-8FB108F3A206.jpeg Well things are going good for me, poulan 3400 cylinder on and new piston installed with new rings.
Waited 24 hours for sealant to dry and did my leak down test just 30 mins ago. Held 10 psi for ten mins and -10 for ten minutes with crank rotations on each test. Went in right at the oiler pump diaphragm hole with a mighty vac nipple.
Thanks to Todd I am moving on to the next phase

Here’s a little tip for some of you, make sure your mighty vac setup is leak proof. Put your finger on the end doing negative and positive pressure and make sure it holds. The nipples that come with it have a crappy seal, if they leak you should wrap them in Teflon and re seat. Did a couple tests a while back and they failed and I was pretty upset, found out later it was hose to nipple connection!

It's a shame that jugs are hard to come by. I see a 4000 Piston and cylinder on eBay that comes with the crank but nothing else. I'm considering it but would need to find a parts saw to be the donor for everything else. Or swap the Piston and jug onto.

The damn 4218 is giving me hell. Decided to replace all of the lines as I wasn't convinced it didn't still have a leak somewhere. Having a hell of a time with the return line. Gave up for the night

It wanted to run so I know it will. It fits the niche for a cheap loaner saw and for taking care of the real small trees I have growing instead of grabbing a big boy out for 1 inch trees.

Latest posts

Back