We took our last walk yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff R

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I don't think she ever missed an outing her on the property to cut some firewood. The entire time I'd be cutting she was close by digging a mouse out of a hole or chasing down a ground squirrel. She hardly left my side in the last 16 years, and we were glad to have her and thank her for her total devotion to my family......Cliff
Oak Tree Photos 008.jpg Oak Tree Photos 006.jpg IMG_0961.JPG IMG_2128.JPG IMG_4987.JPG

Sounds like your dog led a great life. I wish any of my dogs would stay near me when working outside, they would rather chase deer and other critters. Perhaps she will come back to you in another life.

They never wonder too far. The smallest one with the blue collar is a killing "machineL . She thinks she weighs 100 lbs instead of 15 and absolutely fearless.

She'll find a den of groundhogs will kill the young ones and pile them up in the yard one by one. She's had some brutal fights with full grown ones, although most of them get back to their holes she's killed a few before they made it.

Every time I reach for a chainsaw they are up and ready to go, like a new adventure for them. My problem is that I like my dogs more than most people, so it's difficult to see them go.........Cliff

006.JPG

+2 on that deal, they just don't live long enough and their love and devotion is so unconditional we miss them a lot when their gone.

If you don't think your dog loves you more than your wife, try locking both of them up in your trunk for half an hour and see which ones glad to see you when you get back?.......LOL......Cliff

+2 on that deal, they just don't live long enough and their love and devotion is so unconditional we miss them a lot when their gone.

If you don't think your dog loves you more than your wife, try locking both of them up in your trunk for half an hour and see which ones glad to see you when you get back?.......LOL......Cliff
Ha ha ha

I’d bet my pay check that the wife will have kicked the hinges off and taken off with both my car & my dog!

My dog is 14, one day I’ll have to go through what you are going through... I call him “my son” when I introduce him :)

I find myself so attached to certain animals because they are so innocent. All they want is to be happy, and to make us happy, and they don’t know any better. They have their own unique personalities and they truly are part of your family once you get to know them and love them... it’s what makes it so hard to see them go, it is truly devastating...
Because they are so precious there is no shame in crying over the death of a pet... I have lost two over the years and it was one of the few times I cried other than when my dad passed.

Hang in there man :)

They do wear out far too soon.

We have one who now has dog dementia which is sad to see happen. Patience and some anti-anxiety meds keep him happy most of the time. But it is hard to think we are getting close to the end.

I feel your pain. Been there and done that a number of times, it’s not fun.

Just 30%? Your an optimist! I’m way higher than that

I was being kind. Since I'm the Chief CSI for my County I get to see a good bit of that crap played out on a daily basis, including the ones that don't make it, and the ones they left behind. Darwinism sure is alive and well these days, even with the generous amounts of Narcan (Naloxone) they are willing to throw at that deal.

Since this is a Chainsaw thread, back on track, heading out right now to clean up some tops the logger left on my quad paths.......I need to get away for a while anyhow........Cliff

Another +1 here.
Just dont get enough time.
This one is 5. She thinks she weighs 107 lbs instead of 7. Hates everyone bit the wife and me. Never leaves our side.

The last one is almost 13. Loves everybody. Doesnt come when you call her. Definitely her own dog.
Dont know what we would do without them.
Sorry for your loss. Its a lot more painful than some folks think.
0516191925a.jpg0516191925.jpg

I've had a few dogs over the years and they were faithful companions. Got a tom cat now, had him for three years. He acts like a dog at time. Stays with me outside and will show the neighbours dogs who's the boss in our yard. Guy next door has a Rottweiler, he doesn't come into our yard anymore. Don't have many squirrels in the yard anymore and not many chipmunks left either.

Steve Sidwell

My first dog Jack, was my best friend.

For a while he was bigger than me. He'd be at the end of the driveway, every day, waiting for me to get off the school bus. A big friendly mutt that was a watch dog and kept varmints away from the property. He'd grab a woodchuck, then shake it until the insides came out, then eat it. Always friendly and a protector of the family. We had an interesting command for people we did not like; smile Jack. Jack would not growl or approach, just bear his teeth in a menacing way. But to Jack it was all fun, he never bit a person.

I still miss him.

I just lost a cat friend we had for 14 years. Great mouser, indoor/outdoor, kind and friendly.

She is buried next to a big oak.

Roxys wake.jpg Roxy the Cat says its junk.jpg

Latest posts

Back