Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks. Ill get one hooked up for her soon.

Picked up the new 5000 tonight.

It's open port, with a serial from 1983. The fella I bought it from started it up to prove that it ran as good as he said. Idles quiet and smooth, and started second pull. Its got a small fuel leak from around where the return line goes back to the tank. it seems the fuel line is a little smaller than the opening, and at certain angles it leaks through. No big deal. Other than that, its mint.

Got to give it a go when I got home at some wood I had here for campfires. Compared to my small saw, man does it have some power.

I picked up another skilsaw, pioneer partner 1632 I guess no one collects them or wants them. I’ll give them to my sons for backup saws.

I picked up another skilsaw, pioneer partner 1632 I guess no one collects them or wants them.

Seems to me to be pretty understandable why they're not particularly popular.
40+ year old saw, open port 55cc on a 70cc chassis with no antivibe and poor parts availability. I pass on 'em even when cheap.

I do have one f55 that someone offered to give me while I was buying a bunch of other saws.
I had politely declined but when I got home there it was in my car, the guy weaseled it in on me while we were loading up, lol.

In retrospect I sorta like the color scheme, all black with a yellow flame like graphic on the sides of the top cover.

Seems to me to be pretty understandable why they're not particularly popular.
40+ year old saw, open port 55cc on a 70cc chassis with no antivibe and poor parts availability. I pass on 'em even when cheap.

I do have one f55 that someone offered to give me while I was buying a bunch of other saws.
I had politely declined but when I got home there it was in my car, the guy weaseled it in on me while we were loading up, lol.

In retrospect I sorta like the color scheme, all black with a yellow flame like graphic on the sides of the top cover.

For $30 plus the trip couldn’t pass it up. Another toy to play with. I love Swedish blondes.

I just put my old leaky 4700 to sleep, in a box in darkest corner of the shed.
Superseded by a little McCulloch 410 (Hva 435e) for the small and dirty stuff, while the new pack of Huskies (560, 445, 435) do all the real work around the place.

That is, unless someone can figure out how to fix a leaking gas tank. I've already tried changing the caps but it still literally pours out gasoline around the cap, probably it's the tank or the threads. Somebody has probably over-tightened the cap until something gave up.

In memoriam, 4700. Trusted partner, good acceleration, nice torque. Got it from my old man.

3530d8f3236008ffa704157c71b3538f.png

img_20190706_142834.jpg

Pulled out the family.

Got the handle on the beat up 5000 fixed. Replaced the top cover and air filter cover with a less broken set. I also picked up a new chain for the 400 and am figuring out the carb tuning on that. Making progress. Love working on these.

I noticed a big difference in the two 5000s I have. The one far left (1983 model in great shape) idles real quiet and smooth. Runs good but, feels mild. It has some good power, however it pales in comparison to the "newer" frankensaw 5000 I'm working on. The 'newer" saw seems to have a lot more gumption and power.

Another partner saw showed up today it’s unmarked. The seller says he thinks it’s an r40. Not sure. I’m thinking on pulling the muffler with a digital caliper in the exhaust port to check the bore size as close as I can? What u say? Again I got it cheap and if she’s 100 cc I’m golden if she runs. Another one for my bumblebee collection.

it is my only running partner and first.
got from original owners son. came w/tools and lit.
That's amazing! Flywheel puller, sharpening guide. Does it have a legit Partner "Roller Nose" bar?

30 years ago when the Australian operation moved to new premises, we threw out most leftover spares for ancient models we had inherited from the previous distributor, including bright shiny painted new R11 oil pumps, roller nose tips & casing parts.
Still got an R11 cylinder head I rescued as a keepsake. Used it as a letter rack.:D

Back