Stihl 311 “throw away saw”

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just about a complete ms310 in a box I was going to build it but it was too much money for me to spend on a cream pop. If you need plastic parts or the air filter I have them.

OP posted it’s a MS310.

I’d use the Farmertec 390 top end on it or any of the other homeowner/ranch/farm models.

Now Iffin it was a real saw, 026, 034, 036, 044, 046 etc. I’d make the effort to salvage the OEM cylinder and use a Meteor piston kit.

I wouldn’t put a farmertec anything on anything. That crap is crap, I’d throw the saw off a very tall cliff before I’d put anything farmertec on it. Before you ask, yes, I’ve tried it, it’s JUNK, not some of it, not some of it is okay, it’s all JUNK.

You sure about that? The ms311 is very different than the older 290, 310, and 390 family. I have seen very few aftermarket parts for these newer farm and ranch saws
That's what I was thinking, I had a 291 to work on last year and couldn't find anything aftermarket for it so I gave it back to the owner...They're harder to work on also...

OP posted it’s a MS310.

I’d use the Farmertec 390 top end on it or any of the other homeowner/ranch/farm models.

Now Iffin it was a real saw, 026, 034, 036, 044, 046 etc. I’d make the effort to salvage the OEM cylinder and use a Meteor piston kit.
If it's a 310 I would do as you would except the last one I did I liked it so well I just kept it!

Back