Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concrete pads are getting broken up and dumped in as clean fill. Maybe 1 to 2 dumps of fill to top it off and then grade it. Cost to rebuild the existing 16x31 20,000 gallon pool started at 45k and went north of there pretty quick. Would love to have kept a pool in the backyard for the kids however we don’t have that kind of coin right now so fill it in....

Jeez, go fishing for a few days and miss 104 posts! Me and the boys scrounged up some bass and walleye and a heap of mosquito bites on our manuall trip. On the wood side, my son works at a restaurant that just bought a wood fired pizza oven. They asked him if he knew anyone who sold wood....might have to get production going!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Made my own Hitch vice setup, it pulls apart and can be stored behind the passenger seat of my ute.

bBpuH7xl.jpg

I plan to go up to the cabin on Thurs/Fri with my friend Harold to relocate the table I built.

We are both over 65 and this thing is heavier than a Brick Sh** House, so wish us luck. I will be "off the grid" for those 2 days.

I still have not figured if it would be better in the truck bed, or in the trailer, but either way I'm hoping my big neighbor Chris can help me load it. He is 6'6" and 350 lbs, and strong as an Ox! (and, NYPD!)

He helped me move the table last week, and some other "boards", including a 1/2 round Red Oak 22" wide and 7.5' long. It has to weigh over 300 lbs, and he picked it up by himself and moved it! I asked him why he did not wait for me to help him and he responded "I just wanted to see if I could do it"!!!

A mate here is keen to buy a boat from up there and ship it back to NZ. Apparently cheaper than buying them here. Any of you good buggers have any reliable connections that could track down a very good condition trailer boat like a Mako 236 or later model around 24'? He's looking at a 1979 model. Farked if I'd buy a boat that old but i know nothing about boats.

I LIKE it!

(I am not that skilled at welding, so I would have to buy a pre-fab version)

Philbert

I like it too, makes life a lot easier for me when it comes to sharpening out in the bush (I can't use the wood vices with any degree of comfort and this makes it so much easier on my back/body hence the decision to make it in the first place, it can swivel around in any direction too so nice and versatile and I can adjust the height to suit to which is handy at times.:drinking:

Went out today and cut another load of wood (forgot about any pics) we cut our way through one of the log heaps so we could get down the side of a spur to get into some well aged dead standing timber, looks like some nice wood down there too.

Whilst I was out cutting wood I had some Pea and Ham Soup cooking on the Lopi Woodheater which was a welcome sight once I got home as it was cold and windy outside and some Pea and Ham Soup made up for the miserable weather.

i0dxYoKl.jpg

85 up with 80% humidity up here in the great white north but today the news was talking about a real bad flue season down in Australia !
Stay safe down there , burn more wood and eat more homemade soup !
Don't forget the liquids , barley and hops for supplements to safeguard against bad germs :)

I have heard that Black Cherry is the wood of choice for wood fired pizza.
I would think that as well.

There’s a great wood fired pizza place in Manchester VT. If you ask to see the kitchen the owner (big guy) will be happy to give you a tour. I asked him what was the best wood. He said it doesn’t matter one bit!
I plan to go up to the cabin on Thurs/Fri with my friend Harold to relocate the table I built.

We are both over 65 and this thing is heavier than a Brick Sh** House, so wish us luck. I will be "off the grid" for those 2 days.

I still have not figured if it would be better in the truck bed, or in the trailer, but either way I'm hoping my big neighbor Chris can help me load it. He is 6'6" and 350 lbs, and strong as an Ox! (and, NYPD!)

He helped me move the table last week, and some other "boards", including a 1/2 round Red Oak 22" wide and 7.5' long. It has to weigh over 300 lbs, and he picked it up by himself and moved it! I asked him why he did not wait for me to help him and he responded "I just wanted to see if I could do it"!!!
Mike-absolutely, positively haul it in the truck. Much better suspension to haul it and nearly zero chance of road debris or dust getting in/on the table. Trust me on that as I’ve harmed a few pieces of furniture by hauling them in a trailer.

Made my own Hitch vice setup, it pulls apart and can be stored behind the passenger seat of my ute.

bBpuH7xl.jpg
That looks awesome. I’ve had one of those dreamed up for some time, even found a great little vise at a rummage sale but haven’t gotten around to it. The vise is temporarily mounted on my work bench.

That looks awesome. I’ve had one of those dreamed up for some time, even found a great little vise at a rummage sale but haven’t gotten around to it. The vise is temporarily mounted on my work bench.

I like it, the tailgates my work bench too, it's a smile but effective little setup alright.

Back