My best firewood tool innovation yet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The dolly. For trees that can be dragged to the road, which is most of them, the dolly make the hardest work simple. Logs pieces that took two of us to lift or roll into the trailer can now be simply and easily done by a single person. Took me a few to many years to figure this out, but now it is number 1 for equipment to bring to the site.

dolly-1080-sp.jpg

When the can't hook won't roll it:

Another good "logging" tool most commonly used for other purposes. (a piece of 3/4 in plywood for a base helps in the woods)

harbor-freight-floor-jack-floor-jack-harbor-freight-pittsburgh-3-ton-low-profile-jack-harbor-freight-floor-jack-review-harbor-freight-aluminum-jack-3-ton-floor-jack-harbor-freight-pittsburg-fl.jpg

Yes. 65hp Gehl Compact track loader with hydraulic clamshell(4 in 1) bucket or pallet forks makes life soooo much better. Haul two or 3 logs to the woodshed with the forks, then get the 4 in 1 out. Grab a log on one end, clamp down, lift to a comfortable sawing position, then buck the whole thing. No rolling and no sawing dirt.

I use the sack trolly/dolly a lot. One of the best price-to-utility ratio tools of all time, probably second only to my three-wheeler Barrow. It's downfall is going uphill though. I shifted three 2 foot diameter ash trees up a slope with one, and it broke my spirit. Deceded to mechanise and bought this.IMG_20190503_141828353.jpg

I use the sack trolly/dolly a lot. One of the best price-to-utility ratio tools of all time, probably second only to my three-wheeler Barrow. It's downfall is going uphill though. I shifted three 2 foot diameter ash trees up a slope with one, and it broke my spirit. Deceded to mechanise and bought this.View attachment 747586
That is really cool! I have not seen anything like that.

I started a thread on another forum about this very subject, using a dolly to move wood. Someone posted a pic of a Harbor Freight 'wide' dolly, looks good. It is currently $115.

image_20477.jpg

The dolly. For trees that can be dragged to the road, which is most of them, the dolly make the hardest work simple. Logs pieces that took two of us to lift or roll into the trailer can now be simply and easily done by a single person. Took me a few to many years to figure this out, but now it is number 1 for equipment to bring to the site.

dolly-1080-sp.jpg
Haha genius. Inflated large wheels are perfect for navigating the bush I love it

I started a thread on another forum about this very subject, using a dolly to move wood. Someone posted a pic of a Harbor Freight 'wide' dolly, looks good. It is currently $115.

image_20477.jpg
Wide is good. Long handle is even better.
Mine has big inflatable wheels and a handle that extends to +6' length for extra leverage..... it changes everything.

Back