the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is going Good. Yip keeping us awake we got 2h sleep larst night.

We approached crying with the idea that they required something, either a feed, change, cuddle, or their intestines were either sorting themselves out or the next nappy filling product was churning thru and causing discomfort.
Sometimes it seemed to be for no reason, and all you could do was hold them and comfort them as best you could, rekon I lost 3 points of hearing, tho infants are pretty quiet compared to when they get older.
Either way, give the wife some time off, you do get zombiefied with little sleep, and it does wear you down, and now you have 2, there is not the recovery time you had when there was only 1. Hang in there.

Most times, we would find the reason, usually after several hrs of whingy crying baby, then massive but action and an up the back nappy filling and overflowing poop. :)

wrapped up chook in a towel, and armed with cotton buds, syringe, and warm salt water, I opened the eye, cleaned out a reasonable amount of pus, runny, and some hard, could see her eye further in and it looked ok.
Cleaned the wound below her eye, chin area, no pus from there, cleaned away the dried blood, and let her go, will repeat that on saturday and see how we go.

Thanks for the advice appreciate it.

Anytime i have 20 chooks also turkys pigions and ducks the like.

We approached crying with the idea that they required something, either a feed, change, cuddle, or their intestines were either sorting themselves out or the next nappy filling product was churning thru and causing discomfort.
Sometimes it seemed to be for no reason, and all you could do was hold them and comfort them as best you could, rekon I lost 3 points of hearing, tho infants are pretty quiet compared to when they get older.
Either way, give the wife some time off, you do get zombiefied with little sleep, and it does wear you down, and now you have 2, there is not the recovery time you had when there was only 1. Hang in there.

Most times, we would find the reason, usually after several hrs of whingy crying baby, then massive but action and an up the back nappy filling and overflowing poop. :)
Your right there. And i do give her time to do what ever she likes they need time off after doing all day by themselfs.

jump or jam to the Lands

I was testing this yesterday i reckon by the results a small jump is best

Ruger precision 308 100yards zero to paper 5 shots, jump left 73.58mm Coal jammed right 73.66mm Coal

thumbnail_IMG_20190706_153418 (1).jpg

interesting day we also had more audio testing at range and the boffin chaps were using an Acoustic vidio camera the imagery was amazing much like FLUR or IR video it could track & paint your foot steps

https://4dnoise.com/acoustic-camera-nor848a/

jump or jam to the Lands

I was testing this yesterday i reckon by the results a small jump is best

Ruger precision 308 100yards zero to paper 5 shots, jump left 73.58mm Coal jammed right 73.66mm Coal

View attachment 745446

interesting day we also had more audio testing at range and the boffin chaps were using an Acoustic vidio camera the imagery was amazing much like FLUR or IR video it could track & paint your foot steps

https://4dnoise.com/acoustic-camera-nor848a/
Ill take the 308 thats a sweet group.

Update on chook, the swelling is slowly going down, a few days ago the swollen eyelid began to open, have cleaned it a few times before this, then left her to settle.
Thanks for the help, looks like she will recover.

Insert the Moana giff, The chicken lives.

:)
Stoked she is on the up and up.

lifted a few big sticks today some to saw mill some to landscape site some to isolated road side for locals to slice and dice away

i'd planned this day and to my surprise it went as without a hitch as planned...,,?? no foolies amazin only one tricky bit was cutting 4 metre up off harness / ladder to section 7 m of trunk the 461 purred super sharpe

the kg at reach on this truck crane saved the day 2 ton 10 metre out

thumbnail_IMG_20190710_121946.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20190710_084302.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20190710_093230.jpg

well that super cheap Chinese harness i was curious about turned up,, it looked feels fits ok,,, i just slung a rope over shed truss and sat my weight back uugh the hard anchor points for flip line somehow dig in past the padding right onto my hip bones.. I,m not sure if i can adjust this out shame had high hopes but the good 25 year old arbormaster looks like its going to run out my climbing clock

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XINDA-C...222490029483?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

I reckon it be great intro harness and a handy back up for crew when they forget a gear bag

a neighbor had changed things and the surface water was not running to my dam as had for 20 years for last 3 years.. few weeks back i had a brain wave & dug simple drain trench to pick up surface easement water to my dam... amazing in 2 weeks i reckon i captured 300,000 run off

2 weeks ago half empty mid winter

thumbnail_IMG_20190630_125921.jpg

just about full today

thumbnail_IMG_20190717_101404.jpg

a neighbor had changed things and the surface water was not running to my dam as had for 20 years for last 3 years.. few weeks back i had a brain wave & dug simple drain trench to pick up surface easement water to my dam... amazing in 2 weeks i reckon i captured 300,000 run off

2 weeks ago half empty mid winter

View attachment 747690

just about full today

View attachment 747691

Now that is some thinking right there.

Ahh the joys of creativity upstream, nothing like messing with things that have worked for years.

Bit of tamping down, and you will have a nice little catchment channel that you can still mow over / along and yet encourage surface water to move where you need it.
Hey, good to hear the harness arrived, was the harness size too small, thus the pressure on the sides, or was it just its poor padding and design, did the straps from the front bridge area go back thru the side anchor points, or were they stitched further back outside that area ? the cheap basic xinda harnesses I got for the girls are surprisingly good, and they love hanging in them messing around with carabiners etc.

Been misty rain here for days, last clear day, was out with the eldest climbing, we set up a pulley for a friction saver this time, to make it a bit easier, but I took out my camera from my back pocket, left it on the fence post, and promptly forgot about it, my brain is foggy like the weather. 2 days later, I thought, where is my camera, I thought I left it inside here. Walked past the post getting some firewood and then remembered where I left it.
Several days later after letting it dry a bit, I put it back on charge, as the battery had gone flat, and each day there is more signs of life, tho the buttons either dont work, or stick down and go crazy. Still could be worse.
Feel like I have spent more days going to damn doctors and trips to the city this school holidays than being home, and wearing a groove in the road in the process. Oh just come down for this appointment or that test...........oh, what do you mean it takes 3 hrs to get here, why cant you make an 0815 appointment to talk about the result.....:nofunny:, sheesh, each trip is around $90 of diesel just for starters.

Anyway, chooks eye is good, area still swollen, but eye fully open, and just clear discharge around it, and its funny watching her getting used to using 2 eyes again.
Too wet and cold to climb today, so Eldest and I are going to strip and service a Model 12 sunbeam mix master so she has her very own mixer, she has been cooking up desserts and cakes these holidays, and were going thru butter like we own a dairy.:sweet:, had put aside this mixer for this very purpose, now she is ready to fix it, own it, and use it.

Bit of tamping down, and you will have a nice little catchment channel that you can still mow over / along and yet encourage surface water to move where you need it.
Hey, good to hear the harness arrived, was the harness size too small, thus the pressure on the sides, or was it just its poor padding and design, did the straps from the front bridge area go back thru the side anchor points, or were they stitched further back outside that area ? the cheap basic xinda harnesses I got for the girls are surprisingly good, and they love hanging in them messing around with carabiners etc.

ha your channeling exactly what my wife dear swmbo told me to do ,,, and are you saying im puttin on weight :) the harness is sized is perfect the padding stitch work straps are fine just the hard points are unfortunately placed exactly where my hip bones sits
I gonna give is a go on tree tomoz see if it soften up or my bones move aside

sos bout phone n kids stuff like that is unavoidable life you know its gonna happen you just hope to manage it down to less

We have our firetrails contoured to move run off into dams, got one system or roads that gets water to the dam from 1km away.. Doubles as good roo fox shooting corodores, they all like a easy path threw the forest

ha your channeling exactly what my wife dear swmbo told me to do ,,, and are you saying im puttin on weight :) the harness is sized is perfect the padding stitch work straps are fine just the hard points are unfortunately placed exactly where my hip bones sits
I gonna give is a go on tree tomoz see if it soften up or my bones move aside

sos bout phone n kids stuff like that is unavoidable life you know its gonna happen you just hope to manage it down to less

Ah, good minds think alike, well thats my excuse anyway, no comment on how in shape you are, well round is a shape they say. :)
Yeah, camera is slowly working a bit more each time we try to use it, got the mix master all stripped down, cleaned, shafts cleaned and hit with scotchbrite, same with the bushes, gears all cleaned, all re greased and oiled, and electrics cleaned and put back together, runs very well, but only on hi speed, oh, its the capacitor, check it, nope not that, put one in from my working one, still same problem, go and have a closer look at the electrical govenor, and the shaft that comes thru the motor shaft from the mechanical governor, and works on the electrical governor has punched thru the nylon bush, the governor shaft had seized, and we had freed it up. Seems when it seized up, it eventually melted itself thru the bush, grrr.

Will try to plastic weld some wipper snipper line on the end of it to fill the hole, or dig into the shed for a donor part if I can remember where the box of donor bits are.
Bit fiddly, but a good afternoon working on stuff together was had, and I know every time she uses it in the future, she will think back to when we fixed it up.

Latest posts

Back