New Echo cs-590 won't start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leastbay

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought a new CS-590 for my dear lease. I pulled the caps off the carb adjustment. I started it and started to make adjustments. I pulled the throttle and it died and now it won't start. Pulled the plug and it was wet. Dried it off. Drained it upside down and even took carb off to blow it out with air. It still will not start and the plug gets wet after about 10 pulls. Plug has spark. Fuel is new can of premix echo 50:1. Anyone have any tips here?

Bought a new CS-590 for my dear lease. I pulled the caps off the carb adjustment. I started it and started to make adjustments. I pulled the throttle and it died and now it won't start. Pulled the plug and it was wet. Dried it off. Drained it upside down and even took carb off to blow it out with air. It still will not start and the plug gets wet after about 10 pulls. Plug has spark. Fuel is new can of premix echo 50:1. Anyone have any tips here?
Did you change settings? Put them back to stock if you did.

It's set to run. The up position. The saw is brand new. I grounded the plug near the switch and it was sparking. I think it's just flooded. I have another NGK plug I will try when I get a chance.

Make sure saw is fully warmed up before making any adjustments. As the others has said, it’s probably flooded

I've lost count now of how many CS-590, 600's and 620PW's I've set up.

I actually found a better way to remove the limiter caps that engaging them with a screw. I take a very sharp scribe and carefully pry up on them thru the small slots on the caps. This is a little less intrusive and doesn't leave any evidence you were messing with them and it doesn't disturb the original settings.

The CS-620PW I just did a few weeks ago was the first Echo saw I've modified that was just about spot-on for carb adjustments. The CS-590's are usually WAY too lean right out of the box. They don't idle well or cut well unless you really get them warmed up and even then the are a tad anemic. That tells the tuner they are too lean and it's likely you'll "smoke" the P/C in them unless you remove the limiter caps and custom tune them.

I can only remember one saw to date that gave me carb troubles right out of the box and it was a CS-600P. It kept stalling at idle if you put it down for any length of time idling, or if you tilted it really quickly. The carb is so easy to remove on those saws (excellent design IMHO) I just pulled the carb and gave it a good cleaning, checked it over, blew it out with compressed air, and put it back together. It's been flawless now for several years........Cliff

I actually burned a little of the wet fuel off with my torch. How hot can I heat the plug?

I don’t have one of those, so I heat the crap out of them. Which hasn’t been a problem over many plugs in many years.

That’s the first thing I do with a “bad” plug.

Back