Tree Removal Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thing was good on the smaller trees, a little low on the monsters. i input the sizes from some bigger technical takedowns from the past, and it came up about 50% shy of what the man hours/cost took.

the drivable surface should be more specific, sometimes a structure will get in the way of a chipper or truck, or the path will be too narrow.

something about service (low voltage/communications) wires should be in the overhang section.

These are all valid points and thanks for the input. The idea for the calculator is for a customer to get an idea on pricing, play with the calculator, and then call me and only me. If the measurements are off, or they don't know where I can get my equipment, I explain to them why the calculations they put in will not work. Afterward, I put in the correct calculations, and sometimes we negotiate from that point.

Some of the larger trees we've used this on have not been as profitable for us. Mostly, over 36 inches DBH, sometimes can get as low as $45-$50 per manhour. Our hangup to this point is that we don't have a log grapple, and we spend too many hours cutting and loading wood.

Other large trees though, we do not win the bid, because we are 2X other bids, so the balance is to remain competitive but profitable. In my mind, a tree removal is a commodity that depends mostly on price, while other services that arborists perform take more knowledge and skill, this is where you can differentiate your company and charge what you feel your worth.

Thanks for the comments and this is my .02

Thanks to everyone

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input on this. It's been a couple months and I will implement some of your ideas in Version 2 next year. Thanks also for the interest in licensing the product.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input on this. It's been a couple months and I will implement some of your ideas in Version 2 next year. Thanks also for the interest in licensing the product.

I would be interested in some more info on licensing also.

Hey Saint Louis Tree, I think they axed your poll thread. I like your app, and we're looking it over. I'll stay in touch. You're a smart kid keep up the good work.

Hey Saint Louis Tree, I think they axed your poll thread. I like your app, and we're looking it over. I'll stay in touch. You're a smart kid keep up the good work.

yeah they put the kibash on that quick. I'm in contact with the administrators to see if I can pay a fee to run the poll for awhile and see what demand might be. Thanks alot.

Tree removal calculator

I found this in the middle o the night. Since it is dark out, I entered an imaginary tree. I like what it spit out. But, I could see a need for a species determination or at least hardwood versus conifer. That would be a huge difference for the same size live oak versus slash pine in the amount of debris and weight. Also, I would like to account for percent of canopy over plants and not just house; we typically rope everything down that is over nice lawn or other trees and shrubs. I also typically offer protective matting to minimize damage to lawn: some people don't care, others don't want a blade of grass injured. All in all, I think you are on the right track. With your data, this could be completely customizable. I want it. This would be good for my customers and sales staff. PM me about setting this up on my site. Thanks.

thanks Chris- PM sent.
The idea of this is for use as a marketing tool on my website; a way to drive traffic and to get customers to spend their search time on my site and not the competition. The instructions are oversimplified for homeowner use, and the overhang number should be adjusted to include any object that can't be damaged. Yard, flowers, driveways... If the homeowner enters the wrong number- explain to them why its wrong- or give them the option to sign a waiver for damage to yards or flowers for the cheaper price.
Once you are on site, you still have to sell- or upsell the job.

Excellent

The pricing was spot on for 2 trees in my yard for what I had in mind for removal. Im a noob, but the pricing was pretty close to what I had in mind, was a little lower actually so if it were bids you would have gotten the jobs. My advice means nothing being such a noob, but wanted to let you know your calculator kicks as*

Really? My favorite jobs are the ones that I don't have to clean up, and it offers my "do it yourself" cusotmers a safer, lower cost alternative. Do most of the rest of you agree with Toddppm? I thought we all loved to leave everything lay.

Cut and runs are the best jobs in the whole business. Get it done, make money, on to the next....

That depends on the height, size, condition of ground, tree species, and time took to remove a tree. In your case of four 70 foot pines, it cost not more than 2500$. A little more for stump removal and site clean up. Reliable tree service company might charge little more for that but not more than 3500$.

Back