How would you work this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left a voice mail. Didn't give him a number yet... pretty busy anyway...

He told me he might have his brother in law try to climb it with some paracord and a spider-man costume.
Have the neighbor do it with his excavator. Tracks in, cuts roots, crabs it with thumb and removes tree and stump. He made a killing last year lifting trees off houses after straight line winds rolled through. Then tree service goes to work.

The OP mentioned a bucket, but in another post he said he beats guys bids all the time because he's a climber and doesn't need a bucket truck, I'm curious to see what he decides on this one.
Heck you could notch it off a ladder above the 90 in the good wood and make the back cut off the deck with a gas polesaw dropping the top towards the drive or set a rope in it with a guy pulling it slightly towards the drive and cut straight down on the horizontal portion with a polesaw off the deck and let it peal. Lots of options from where I sit.

For the guys who :crazy2: because I said ladder, it will be just fine, he's a climber.

LOL. You will find lots of people have that reaction when a ladder is mentioned.

I think it just depends on the comfort of people in general. Some don't feel comfortable on a ladder, or in a bucket, or even holding a chainsaw or axe. But then again, you would think that those who hold such opinions would avoid being an arborist in the first place.

BTW, Thanks for the welcome.

...about what I'd expect from someone who can't spell the word "too"
Oh shove it, why do **** the hard way? Send it! If you dont know how to do it come learn how.
8860bf479192f9f788a9c5638d69e787.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Oh shove it, why do **** the hard way? Send it! If you dont know how to do it come learn how.
8860bf479192f9f788a9c5638d69e787.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ok, tell you what, if you promise to send me some video of the next time you "Send It!" I PROMISE I will show it to every new guy I hire.

Could you rope the tree and throw the tail of the line into another tree further to the right and, use friction for a controlled fell?

Helicopter tree if ever I saw one. One pick, right up and over the house and drop it in the landfill, collect check.

Unless the landfill is the other way in which case I wouldn't want to pay the helicopter extra just for a little drama and a photo op.

Two ropes in the tree. One pulled tight with a z line against the lean and another rope pulling away from the house. Make sure your face cut has matched corners and the strap of holding wood is in line with the first rope. Looks pretty small, there’s probably stuff I can’t see, but I’d drop that on a buried septic field no problem. Mound system...maybe not.

Before getting too excited I would try to figure out how many storms or Highwinds that this tree has withstood recently. If it’s still standing with bad weather then I would Send my lightest climber up ( which would be me) and remove my weight by cutting off limbs as I climb. But I’m saying this not knowing the whole story of the tree and it’s surroundings.

Latest posts

Back