Homelite 770 D

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Guys I am thinking of picking up a 770D with a 24" bar. The air filter cover is missing. Should you be able to find a cover for it? Everything else is there. It has good compression. It does not run at the moment. I will have to check to see if it has spark. What are these saws worth? I have not made the guy an offer yet.
Thanks
Steve

Were these good saws in their day? What would be a decent price be for one?

Steve

I am not a contemporary chainsaw user to that saw’s day, however they are a great saw to have in a Homelite collection. A good example of that design of Homelite and a bit less common than the Zips and Wiz’s.

I see where it is a 5.8 cu in. I have no idea what hp that would relate to but that seams to be a pretty big engine compared to todays saws.

Steve

I picked the saw up today. Got it all cleaned up and it started right up. It came with an 18" bar not a 24" like the guy had stated but it was in good shape so I bought it anyways. Would it be had to find a 24" bar for it??

Steve

I picked the saw up today. Got it all cleaned up and it started right up. It came with an 18" bar not a 24" like the guy had stated but it was in good shape so I bought it anyways. Would it be had to find a 24" bar for it??

Steve
Little red Barn has bars 24" 30" and 36" available. They were the only source when I was looking for my c-7

Stihl and Husky bars can be adapted to work. Some drilling or slotting may be required.

You can make the large mount Stihl fit, think 070, 084, 880 and the like. Husky bars are just way to narrow at the slot end. I will have to measure but it probably close to an inch too narrow.

Back