Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored a Homelite XL brush cutter today for $75.
ca8ca8bbfc155e2149fbf5ccdffc90f2.jpg
403206bdecddb42547c123d4920f6416.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got so many red ones I don't like to go over about $20 for them. I got a blue XL12 for $15 last year that runs great. I think you did fine. Since all of my friends know I collect saws, the red Super XL's are the ones most often given to me, and I never refuse them. I still like them.

It's not like it's about the money anyway. I'm not wealthy by any means but saws are a fantastic hobby so when I restore them and get them running perfectly I wouldn't even know what price to put on them? Ebay is probably the worst place for me to get an idea of real prices but if you were to ask some one what a chainsaw that cuts reliably and strong after a hurricane or tornado is worth thats the real price.

I've got a dual-trigger super-2 that I'm doing some maintenance on. Runs fine but oiling seems a little light. I was replacing the duckbills and I ripped the pressure line in the tankwhen doing so. I thought I had enough slack to pull it out, trim it down, and proceed, but the line is a bit swollen and I can't get it back through the hole in the oil tank.

The hole seems to be 1/8 OD. Do I just source any fuel line with this OD? Or is there some special line that works better than others? Any tips for installation? I have a new duckbill for it and the little sintered bronze thingy.

I've got a dual-trigger super-2 that I'm doing some maintenance on. Runs fine but oiling seems a little light. I was replacing the duckbills and I ripped the pressure line in the tankwhen doing so. I thought I had enough slack to pull it out, trim it down, and proceed, but the line is a bit swollen and I can't get it back through the hole in the oil tank.

The hole seems to be 1/8 OD. Do I just source any fuel line with this OD? Or is there some special line that works better than others? Any tips for installation? I have a new duckbill for it and the little sintered bronze thingy.

Answering my own question here for benefit of anyone else in the future with this problem. I found a fuel line pack at Home Depot - Arnold 490-240-0008 that contains two sizes of fuel line. The larger line is 3/16 O.D. and fits well. I think it is Tygon but not sure.

Picked these 2 this morning for $35. The XL 102 is quite clean and should be a runner with little effort. Cant believe these are 57cc in such a small frame!!
The C71 unfortunately has a pretty bad case of "white death". It seems to be confined to the top of the saw and the cases have been saved. It will need the airbox/rear handle replaced as well as the air filter cover. It also looks as if it had little use. But appears it sat somewhere with moisture getting to it from the top which seems odd.
Seems not a lot of parts around for this, what models will interchange?
a48043679e2931689bd82ede9731d750.jpg
5d18a8252b6d8196715a1f30951bd8c4.jpg
93fe05c820a607789b03a994f3a65ea8.jpg
c6079b182c3a509c4df6f38254033940.jpg

Latest posts

Back