the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G,day Guys , chasing a Bar for my partner R440 , if you have a spare that fits , long would be great
a husky 2100 will also fit it
tia Peter

i been scrounging for 2 hand tyres for my 80 series cruiser, its got BF Goodrich 265 x 75 R16 all terrain... they ok but getting old and time to change is this year so hoping to find same decent rubber it been a chore some i suspect are dogdey stolen some dont even tell you the size or are rooted but when good deal and good seller they move before i can catch

i been scrounging for 2 hand tyres for my 80 series cruiser, its got BF Goodrich 265 x 75 R16 all terrain... they ok but getting old and time to change is this year so hoping to find same decent rubber it been a chore some i suspect are dogdey stolen some dont even tell you the size or are rooted but when good deal and good seller they move before i can catch

Had the same problem for my old hilux that iv now sold could not aford to keep it. But i got a set of tyres for it off a bloke brand new never used on new rims but they had difrent off set to mine so i poped them on my rims and as i did so i seen somthing odd on all of them wear marks put 2 & 2 together they where all speare tyres.

yeah, I hear you, once you do get a set, you will suddenly have tyres raining down on you left right and center.
It took me quite a while to come across some 30x9.5r15s for the hilux, they had only done 10k or so, had 14mm of tread, but one tyre was scolloped, and its worn bad ever since, must have been either a flaw in its construction or poorly balanced or dud shock, either way, 3 good tyers, one not so good, but will wear them out over the next few years.
Also have a look at the date construction stamp on the sidewall, dont want to get old hard tyres , sometimes they dont survive the removal and refitting process and you end up with damaged bead rubber and they wont hold air.

Any more progress with the harness ?

Any more progress with the harness ?

narh i was gonna climb last week but got on site to find the crew had lost the throw bag the day prior,, meh whats hanging in canopy can wait till later

yeah second hand tyres can be a trap but i learned most of the look and check lessons over near 40 years of driving

past weeks a new bird calling in my area has been elusive.. each time i hear it i'd fail to track down,, till today.. I was able to get a good recording and at least a blurry profile picture.. the best i can determine think its a black or grey Currawong

http://www.graemechapman.com.au/library/sounds.php?c=99&p=388

thumbnail_IMG_20190726_083846.jpg

We have a bird with a lovely call, not sure what type of bird it is, looks like an immature blackbird, grey, but larger, quite friendly, will come up quite close to you too.

Had a pretty bad week, our water pump started leaking, turns out it was the pressure tank with a pinhole leak, scrape away paint, sand and apply some metal knead it, replace o rings in tank base where it screws into the fitting.
then found a leak in the pump housing, its nyrol plastic, so sanded the area away near the base of the top outlet, seems there is an area of stress there or poor casting to start with, and then applied some general purpose kneadit to see if the 4mm crack would stop weeping.
Thats done, but there are some other leaks too, and Ive stuffed my back, middle of shoulders in spasm, hurts to breathe, cant lay down in bed, or get up, must have done it when trying to take the tank off the fitting, so any further stuffing around with the tank/ pump is not happening, also have 2ft high marshmallow to spray, and didnt get that done earlier in the month when I wanted to.
damn pump/ tank setup is 800 to 1200 depending on where I try and source it from, was not expecting that to happen, and nor was our budget.
Ah well, im still breathing, even tho it hurts.

We have a bird with a lovely call, not sure what type of bird it is, looks like an immature blackbird, grey, but larger, quite friendly, will come up quite close to you too.

Had a pretty bad week, our water pump started leaking, turns out it was the pressure tank with a pinhole leak, scrape away paint, sand and apply some metal knead it, replace o rings in tank base where it screws into the fitting.
then found a leak in the pump housing, its nyrol plastic, so sanded the area away near the base of the top outlet, seems there is an area of stress there or poor casting to start with, and then applied some general purpose kneadit to see if the 4mm crack would stop weeping.
Thats done, but there are some other leaks too, and Ive stuffed my back, middle of shoulders in spasm, hurts to breathe, cant lay down in bed, or get up, must have done it when trying to take the tank off the fitting, so any further stuffing around with the tank/ pump is not happening, also have 2ft high marshmallow to spray, and didnt get that done earlier in the month when I wanted to.
damn pump/ tank setup is 800 to 1200 depending on where I try and source it from, was not expecting that to happen, and nor was our budget.
Ah well, im still breathing, even tho it hurts.

Dam marshmallow trees. Bloody water pumps always die at the worst time. Not good about the back mate hope it comes right quick for you.

Dam marshmallow trees. Bloody water pumps always die at the worst time. Not good about the back mate hope it comes right quick for you.

Thanks mate, its been a bit brutal, have been awake since 0300 this morning, couldnt sleep, only shallow breaths. one of the joys of being hit by a car that didnt give way some years ago, she gets off with a slapped wrist, and I get a life sentence.

nay good your back trouble lad, i hope it fixes itself soon

took daughter new boyfriend shooting today the dang kid had never shot gun before almost beat my days score :surprised3::) must be the excellent coaching i gave eh

Good stuff, I always found it easier to teach women to shoot, and my wife rekons she found it easier to teach men to sew.
if he did well, you certainly gave him some good instruction, the clincher was that he listened.
When I was taking someone new to the sport up to the club, I would stipulate to them that we spent an evening prior going over safe handling and getting familiar with what they would use, and what was expected of them on the day, so when they were up there, they could focus on just enjoying the shoot, paid off for both them and me, would often get comments from others at the club on their good approach and behavior, always good when you bring up younger ones.

now to spend some time with him cleaning and putting them away to discuss terms and conditions of dating your daughter :) :) :)

damn hurt to laugh, teach me to laugh at my own jokes.

Thanks mate, its been a bit brutal, have been awake since 0300 this morning, couldnt sleep, only shallow breaths. one of the joys of being hit by a car that didnt give way some years ago, she gets off with a slapped wrist, and I get a life sentence.

Crap that sux.
Good stuff, I always found it easier to teach women to shoot, and my wife rekons she found it easier to teach men to sew.
if he did well, you certainly gave him some good instruction, the clincher was that he listened.
When I was taking someone new to the sport up to the club, I would stipulate to them that we spent an evening prior going over safe handling and getting familiar with what they would use, and what was expected of them on the day, so when they were up there, they could focus on just enjoying the shoot, paid off for both them and me, would often get comments from others at the club on their good approach and behavior, always good when you bring up younger ones.

now to spend some time with him cleaning and putting them away to discuss terms and conditions of dating your daughter :) :) :)

damn hurt to laugh, teach me to laugh at my own jokes.
Now thats some good thinking.

Back