Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 2 days you'll still be moving gently for another day or two. After that it was in the back of my mind for about a week to not move to fast or twist the wrong way.

Been there. Don't lift anything for a while. I mean a few weeks! I don't know what that wrinkled pouch has to do with your muscles but you'll feel it if you try to lift a big round or something.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

30 years later and I still feel like I lost my twin brother! Oh well, too late now!

I knew I’d get some solid men’s business advice from you guys :D.

My 9010 that @MillerModSaws did for me. Still first tank of fuel so still dialing it in.

Speaking of men’s business, this is a man’s man’s saw, I’m sure that slight bogging will be replaced with solid pulling power once you’ve put 10 tanks through it and dialed in the tune.

I know mine does not have the work capacity of the heavier duty trucks, but it has more than what I need and I appreciate the rest of it I did not expect in a truck. The dang thing is so high end the high beams go on and off by themselves often better than I could do it! (I still miss the floor switches, no impact on your steering).

T Storms just moved in, so I closed the garage door (where I was working on my brother's concrete saw) and came inside.
Not for nothing, my comment was meant that I bought it for a toy. This isn't my primary vehicle, imagine this as the old Mustang or Covette the neighbor guy has in his garage...some guys like fast cars, I like old trucks.

I wasn't comparing a 30 year old truck to a modern driver, although I'd like to see these modern vehicles when they have the mileage this one has...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got the fluid flushed and trans filter changed in the truck yesterday. When I went to pick it up the guy said after seeing inside of it the fresh fluid and filter was like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. He thinks it will last as long as I dont hang anything heavy off the back of it. Guess it's back to working 7 days a week again to save for a trans.

Looks like I'll have to find some real wood if you bring that to the GTG. :laugh: ( thinking 0ct. 26)
Dang, my wife just asked if I had plans for the last weekend in Oct. They are planning a family getaway. I'll see if they can do it a week earlier. I was looking for a log to bring with me to give the 45" bar a run. I got it right after your last GTG and haven't put it on the saw yet.

I know mine does not have the work capacity of the heavier duty trucks, but it has more than what I need and I appreciate the rest of it I did not expect in a truck. The dang thing is so high end the high beams go on and off by themselves often better than I could do it! (I still miss the floor switches, no impact on your steering).

T Storms just moved in, so I closed the garage door (where I was working on my brother's concrete saw) and came inside.
I'm taking mine in for it's second oil change next Tuesday, and have them install the brake controller. Mine seldom has the trailer off of it. It's getting a pretty solid 15 mpg. Last couple times I went to WV without the trailer I was about 19, but had a lot of junk on it. Haven't broke 20 yet.

My wood truck is going to the doc today for minor surgery as well.

Back brake adjusters are rusted solid so I’m really only engaging my fronts at the moment. I was pulling a heavy trailer and more or less skidded right by the road I was trying to turn on. And with the 1 ton rear end in here they have to pull the axles out to work on the brakes.

My wood truck is going to the doc today for minor surgery as well.

Back brake adjusters are rusted solid so I’m really only engaging my fronts at the moment. I was pulling a heavy trailer and more or less skidded right by the road I was trying to turn on. And with the 1 ton rear end in here they have to pull the axles out to work on the brakes.
Depending on the age of the truck, spend the extra $15 and have them replace the rubber brake hose that drops from the frame to the rear axle...these hoses swell shut over time and cause brakes to be less effective...

I've found this on three vehicles I've owned, I plan to change the hoses on this 90 as soon as it hits the driveway.

On edit: this issue also affects the rubber hose at the front wheels as well and will cause many frustrating hours trying to diagnose a pull to one side or the other (the side it is pulling towards is good, it's the opposite side that has issues)...

Depending on the age of the truck, spend the extra $15 and have them replace the rubber brake hose that drops from the frame to the rear axle...these hoses swell shut over time and cause brakes to be less effective...

I've found this on three vehicles I've owned, I plan to change the hoses on this 90 as soon as it hits the driveway.

On edit: this issue also affects the rubber hose at the front wheels as well and will cause many frustrating hours trying to diagnose a pull to one side or the other (the side it is pulling towards is good, it's the opposite side that has issues)...

Good idea, most of the brake lines were done on this already but the brakes weren't.

I do not mind doing brake lines and disc brakes myself but have always hated drums.

I'm taking mine in for it's second oil change next Tuesday, and have them install the brake controller. Mine seldom has the trailer off of it. It's getting a pretty solid 15 mpg. Last couple times I went to WV without the trailer I was about 19, but had a lot of junk on it. Haven't broke 20 yet.

To get the best mileage they obviously don't like to tow and like a very flat road (like 84 both ways from here). Bringing the table and towing the ATV up to the cabin, with the many hills on Rte 17, the mileage was only 16.

FYI, for anyone who has not noticed, they are re numbering all the exits on Rte 84 in NY, I think they are going by the mile #s. Our old Exit 19 is now 65!!! Old exit 18 is now 61, etc.
Probably to get up to Federal standards to get Federal funding...

Back