• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Strunk Spark Plug Cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moepower

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need a spark plug cover for a Speed Demon, one that doesn't have the top half sawed off. I think some David Bradley's used these too.
IMG_0562.JPG

Paint is done, decals are next, help please ! . . . .

anyone ? . . . . . Bueller ?

Nope, I think most of these had the top sawed off just because it was easier to access the plug.
I was thinking about casting one but haven't got around to it.

Hmmm. Well if you ever cast one, see one for sale that you don’t want or see a carb protection plate please feel free to PM me. I’ll probably still need them. I’d love to see what she looks like too (with the new paint). Thanks!!

Ps, I’ve got a parts saw I’ve been robbing, if you need something, I may have it.

A diaphragm carb would be nice as this one has a float style but not really necessary. It's not a work saw but she does cut!
I ended up clear coating it, kinda' fancy but I hate leaving them all chipped and nasty.

IMG_0726.JPG IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0732.JPG

Wow! That looks awesome! One of mine has a Clinton float carb (I don’t think it’s original) the other came with a Tillotson HP12A. I’m trying to get them going, I may have an extra Tillotson HP12A. We’ll see after I get them going.

Great job! Looks fantastic! Inspiring!

The 070/090 Tilly HL clones are a good way to get around the weird carb issue.

I put one on a Clinton D35.
c96e10dae8985643e0726d0c9bec0840.jpg

I have that same model saw and I am having a heckuva time trying to figure out what the carbs settings should be with the HP 12 a carburetor. Anybody got a place that I could start? Right now it will idle but as soon as I pull the trigger it dies.

I have that same model saw and I am having a heckuva time trying to figure out what the carbs settings should be with the HP 12 a carburetor. Anybody got a place that I could start? Right now it will idle but as soon as I pull the trigger it dies.

Mine doesn't run extremely well ( I haven't spent the time on it). I'll read the adjustments and get back to u tomorrow.

I've got:

2 1/4 on the idle
3/4 on the main

Like I've said, I haven't pressure tested, or fine tuned. I just got it running. Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back