Which one would you pick? 562XP or non xtorq 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that’s crazy, same price but one has 100 tanks of fuel through it..

I would totally go with the 372 if it was new... however it is not.
For me buying a used saw always means more money. You’ll buy it and you will find a part or two that you want to replace, or rebuild etc.

This is a tough choice, but if it were me I would buy the new one...

For me buying a used saw always means more money. You’ll buy it and you will find a part or two that you want to replace, or rebuild etc.

I happen to be a happy 562 owner but often wonder if a 372 might be even better, but whenever I have stopped at the local Husqvarna dealer to check them out the 372 seems like a heavier saw than I would like to be carrying around out in the woods. I realize some say the two saws weigh nearly the same but to me the 372 feels like it weighs significantly more. But having never actually used a 372 it’s hard to say for sure which saw I prefer.
But for the price they are asking for that used 372 I would quickly say forget that idea and buy the brandnew 562 that comes with a pretty decent warranty.

Since you already have a 550xp I'd go with a 372 over 562.

Gotta say though, I love my 562. It's the first saw I grab for mid size work, just an ass-kickin saw!

I happen to be a happy 562 owner but often wonder if a 372 might be even better, but whenever I have stopped at the local Husqvarna dealer to check them out the 372 seems like a heavier saw than I would like to be carrying around out in the woods. I realize some say the two saws weigh nearly the same but to me the 372 feels like it weighs significantly more. But having never actually used a 372 it’s hard to say for sure which saw I prefer.
But for the price they are asking for that used 372 I would quickly say forget that idea and buy the brandnew 562 that comes with a pretty decent warranty.

Two pounds doesn’t seem like much, but it is when your using it for even an hour at a time!
Profile of the 562 is quite a bit slimmer as well, just better handling imo although I don’t own one myself.

Each saw husky makes really does fit a particular category very well and there is no ‘best saw’ it seems

I have a 562 that I bought from a pawn shop for 225.00 a few years ago, and it was in EX shape. I couldn't turn it down, but I have wondered if it may have been "hot". Still runs great, but I would like to have it computer checked. Maybe that will tell me if it's hot. Then again, I may not want to know. :laugh:

I have a 562 that I bought from a pawn shop for 225.00 a few years ago, and it was in EX shape. I couldn't turn it down, but I have wondered if it may have been "hot". Still runs great, but I would like to have it computer checked. Maybe that will tell me if it's hot. Then again, I may not want to know. :laugh:
The biggest most drastic reliability mod I did to remove heat from my 550 was a muffler mod. Restricting exhaust gas on a two stroke combined with a lean condition can kill a saw in a few minutes!
You should do one

The biggest most drastic reliability mod I did to remove heat from my 550 was a muffler mod. Restricting exhaust gas on a two stroke combined with a lean condition can kill a saw in a few minutes!
You should do one
You are correct! Mine was missing the spark arrestor screen when I got it, and the heat had started to melt part of the chain brake lever directly over the exhaust discharge. I put a new screen in it, and that stopped the melting, but I still worry about heat. I've never done a muffler mod, but would like to have it done.

I am leaning toward the 372XP at this point. The non xtorq ones are getting hard to find. Figure I can by a 562 anytime but this saw won't be around long, especially with the hot market here now. We had some crazy storms last weekend. I will post a picture. Appreciate the input!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Show us pictures, for $600 pho, it should be really nice. Making a non-xtorq is not hard to do for $600 with oem parts, top end would have zero tanks run through it.

I just can't stomach the thought of spending that much on a used 372.
Totally agree. I paid less than $350 for my MS440s and less than that for my non-XT 372.
One saw to do them all would be a modified 562XP, but since you have a 550 I'd wait for a 372 at a better price point to present itself.

Here it is sitting next to big brother. Now for the long ride up to the north woods to its new home.
9ba5044df92293ef1d2b4f930756660a.jpg

Got a loop of 72LGX on it with Oregon bar and went out back for a few cuts. Did not disappoint. Previous owner says he put on a special muffler from Canada? Saw is louder but not unbearable. She really comes up to speed quickly, great throttle response. Long live the original 3 series XPs!

several members offer brand new or well built 372 OE's for sale. Duce is good in a pinch for a well built saw. If you absolutely need brand New Robin Wood has the OE 372XP in stock as they still sell them outside of the US. do a quick search.

Here it is sitting next to big brother. Now for the long ride up to the north woods to its new home.
9ba5044df92293ef1d2b4f930756660a.jpg

I was going to tell you that the asking price was high but after seeing it, it makes some sense. Hope you still tried to haggle him down some. Very nice saw and you will like it. Give us a cut report once you use it.

Back