Which one ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampCat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Between a Husqvarna 141 and a Stihl MS210. Both have a 16" bar, come in a case and have a extra chain. Both are very low hour wise in use. Will be used for small to medium tree trimming and storm cleanup. Both can be had for the same price. Which will make the best long term investment ? Thanks for any ideas.

Which will make the best long term investment ?
Assuming both are in the same good running condition, the Stihl will re-sale for more - just on name brand.
It can become an MS250 with just a topend.
It's hard to think of a little homeowner clamshell as an investment, tho.
The 141 is a Poulan Wild Thing painted orange. The name Husky allows it to sell for more.
HarleyT asked a good ? - how much?

A friend had an 021 and inherited a Poulan when his dad passed several years ago. That little Poulan would cut circles around his stihl. Those things were kind of hit or miss but a good one would last for years.

I checked upgrading his a few years ago. Iirc, it has a different stroke than an 025. Regardless, I wouldn't purchase one with the idea of upgrading it.

Had every piece of both of those a part many times. The 41 husky is a Poulan clone as the 141 has the upgraded bearings/oil seals over the Poulan. I would take the MS210 because of the impulse line design as it is a lot easier to get to and just better. Now if it was a Stihl 021 I would take the 141 first as the 021 have pins on the rod that fall out instead of a cage bearing.

Had plenty of experience with Echo as a good saw, but no used parts available/AM and parts are super high. A plastic clutch cover is $45 on those and it is ether buy or junk. I don't want no Echo.

Between a Husqvarna 141 and a Stihl MS210. Both have a 16" bar, come in a case and have a extra chain. Both are very low hour wise in use. Will be used for small to medium tree trimming and storm cleanup. Both can be had for the same price. Which will make the best long term investment ? Thanks for any ideas.
I like the Stihls better.

The 141 shares no parts with a Wild Thing except the clutch/spur and chain catcher. A far nicer design than the Stihl clamshell, it doesn’t have bar studs threaded into plastic or an inboard cluch up against the plastic case, flippy caps or that single control lever.

Got to looking, Stihl wants $70 for the case alone if bought new. Going to add the Stihl to the shed of tools. Are flippy caps as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Bought BOTH the Husky and the Stihl yesterday, checked them out, ended up flipping the Husky for $125, so got me a real nice MS210 for $25.

Back