Different full wrap profile for 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
the full wrap for the 372xp that comes with the saw is not the greatest. The wrap gets right in the way of the chain tensioner, it also gets in the way of one of the bar nuts when you try to loosen it. Can be very annoying when swapping chains all the time.

Does anyone make an alternative shaped version?

Thing is- do you really NEED the full wrap?
If you do, then you kind of have to put up with the positioning, or have someone do a chop/bend/weld job on it, which in turn might leave the handle in a less comfortable position when the saw is in use.
One alternative is to cut the plug socket side of the scrench so it is not as tall when cracking the bar stud nuts- just means you have to carry another wrench to take out the plug in the field if you ever have to.

No is sure do not need to run one.

The saw came with it and I enjoyed using it that way but in the end it came off for a single wrap. It fits in my job box now... however I always keep thinking about it time and again, thus the post.
If there was an improved version I would go back!

I just thought I would ask. The only way to make things better is to have one fabbed up. It’s a simple enough design, and bending pipe is also simple enough...

However finding aluminum pipe, well even as a plumber I have no idea!
Also welding aluminum, I have no idea :)

Thx for the reply however

No big deal man. There are lower pro
wrenches or grind a wrench but I haven't in 20 yrs. Make sure the bar is not bent. Just make sure the lines are even. Use a long screw driver if it helps. I use a bar wrench and works well for pros. It's really a non issue. Actually this has been the biggest pain in the azz in 20 yrs

This is the main reason I'm unsure about getting a full wrap for mine. Granted I already use a ratchet specifically for my 3700 since it's 15mm bar studs nuts so I could throw in a socket for the 365. Would just need to throw in a long screw driver too.

My husky 2101 with the full wrap bar came with a narrower scrench to clear the clutch cover nuts and the full wrap bar.

Back