Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 749597 View attachment 749596 It was just froze from years of sitting. I took it off and used the transmission fluid/acetone mix to break it free. Works great now. One man's parts saw given up for dead to another man's treasure.
Great to see you got it running and oiling. They are great saws. They really respond well to minor mods if you're up to it.

Gotcha. May give it a try with my smaller impact. Is there supposed to be something threaded in around the plug, too?

Failing that, take the choke rod out so you can get a grip on the governor to remove it. Heat helps but I wouldn't get carried away. Sometimes holding a soldering iron on the brass plug helps to soften the sealant.

The only P20 I saw is posted by ModifiedMark (Thanks). It looks to me like a copy of a copy a few too many times.
If you click the icons on the lower right of page 1 you can enlarge the text but my old eyes could not read what they saw.
Pioneer chainsaw manuals.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dc217a780ab47e4eab1eab3e9fa335cadf247fc782d61f10
I even tried a Google search for "Pioneer P20 IPL" Everyone that came up with the exception of one for sale on eBay looked to suffer from the same problem.
Sorry
Lou

Offering that stuff for free is a gift. Nothing to be sorry about. I appreciate the help. That thread gave me the info I needed. I just ordered a pair of 5606 seals two days ago for the P40 I'm working on. I think I'm just going to order a half dozen of them.

While on the subject have you found any variance between the SKFand CR 5606 seals?

I'm not ignoring you, I don't know. Call me an advanced FarmSaw owner. Any knowledge beyond that is an educated guess.
I am a retired USAF MSgt. Any question on F-4 Avionics Instrument Systems I can probably answer with confidence. But I got in my subordinates knickers if they worked from memory. That's why God (McDonald Douglas in this case), made Technical data. IPL is military for Illustrated Parts Listing. It did return quite a few hits, but I couldn't read any with the exception of the one on eBay.
Good luck with your seals.
Lou

Hello, I had a question. I am restoring a 620 but I think I made a mistake and ordered a piston for a p62. The original one has that dome shape and this one doesn't. I think p62 is Poulan. I am sure this is a stupid mistake but I am new to chainsaw restoring. Thanks for any feedback!

Thanks I will give that a try. I think it said I have 30 days to return it. I think I just need rings anyway but I couldn’t find any. I read on the site that you can use stihl rings. Maybe I will just try that. Thanks

you will need ring width, thickness, bore size measurements to try n use somethin else.
+ no notches for pins.
89hd on last page is lookin, too.
someone here might come up w/somethin.
these saws were not very high comp to begin with.
pioneerguy600 knows more about these than many. he'll be around sooner or later.

I used a different paint that did not stay adhere well so I am going strip it again and use my regular paint brand. I should have used this in the first place. Lol

Attachments

• 22716055-1C71-4BE5-BA02-31E0130B6FE3.jpeg
    22716055-1C71-4BE5-BA02-31E0130B6FE3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Back