Echo CS-271T Opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Interested in experiences anyone has with the 271T. Does it chatter about like the 2511T? The 271T seems a better fit in the hands than the smaller saw. So, how does it do?

The 'chatter' is nothing to do with the saw brand/model. Its the chain, 3/8 pitch was originally made for much larger saws. They kinda made a small lo-pro/picco format for small low output saws, .325 pitch would have been a better choice IMO. But you can do a lot to make it better by using either chain with safety features or get rid of it all together with swapping to a 1/4" chain setup. It mainly 'chatters' on dry hardwood and not green softer wood. The new echo cs2511 is one of Echo's best saws if not the best saw they produce. I have ms150 and 2 makita 23cc top handles and the echo is a better saw then either. I wouldn't buy a 271t not because its a bad saw, its just not the saw the 2511 is. All the chatter about chain chatter is just chatter, don't stop chatter about chatter prevent you from buying a good little saw.

Cs271t is not in the same category as the 2511t. It’s comparable to an MS192t, but slower. Just another clamshell strimmer turned into a budget option chainsaw. It will get the job done, but not with much gusto. So it’s a good temporary option to make some money.

Buying a 271 is like marrying an ugly girl. She’ll never leave you, and if she does, you won’t care.

Cs271t is not in the same category as the 2511t. It’s comparable to an MS192t, but slower. Just another clamshell strimmer turned into a budget option chainsaw. It will get the job done, but not with much gusto. So it’s a good temporary option to make some money.

Buying a 271 is like marrying an ugly girl. She’ll never leave you, and if she does, you won’t care.

That's harsh to ugly girls.

The 'chatter' is nothing to do with the saw brand/model. Its the chain, 3/8 pitch was originally made for much larger saws. They kinda made a small lo-pro/picco format for small low output saws, .325 pitch would have been a better choice IMO. But you can do a lot to make it better by using either chain with safety features or get rid of it all together with swapping to a 1/4" chain setup. It mainly 'chatters' on dry hardwood and not green softer wood. The new echo cs2511 is one of Echo's best saws if not the best saw they produce. I have ms150 and 2 makita 23cc top handles and the echo is a better saw then either. I wouldn't buy a 271t not because its a bad saw, its just not the saw the 2511 is. All the chatter about chain chatter is just chatter, don't stop chatter about chatter prevent you from buying a good little saw.

I think the compact handle on the 2511 makes it an unsafe option for me. It just does not feel like there is much control with hands so close together. They could have done better with the loop. I like the CS355T but it's a bit heavy for my objectives. Perhaps the Husqvarna T525 would suit; it has a very ergonomic loop handle.

That's harsh to ugly girls.

My uncle Pops used to say, “There ain’t no ugly women”. He had a girlfriend until he died in his late 80s. Usually a new one.

I get frustrated with 27-30cc saws because they lack the power of a 35cc removal saw and aren’t as light and nimble as the modern 25cc trim saws. People bring them to me full of ethanol, duct taped together from being dropped, with chains so rusted and dull they won’t cut butter.
They want them back up and running as cheaply as possible, and that’s hard to do when the saw cost $280 NIB with bar and chain. A burned up piston or handle repair will usually cost $120 ish in parts and labor. Almost 1/2 the cost of a new saw. It makes them almost disposable. On top of the maintenance side of it, they legitimately aren’t as user friendly as a 200t or 2511t. Once you’re used to running top tier equipment, the budget options seem pretty disappointing.

But the saws themselves aren’t to blame. They really do get the job done. Compared to a Craftsman 50cc saw from Sears, the 271 is a miracle. If the chain is razor sharp, the gas is clean and the saw sees regular maintenance the 27-30cc saws will do an incredible amount of work for very little money.

Back several years they were the saw to have if you were needing a smaller top handle. I ran the dog out of 2 of them. Ran one every single day for probably 3 years till I dropped it out of a tree and the case cracked. I then got the newer upgraded one which has 10 or 15% more power. They are a very durable saw but their design is aged in my opinion now if your wanting the latest and greatest. The 2511t is much lighter yet stronger. I got a ms150t when they came out and ran it for 3 years and along came the 2511t. It’s all I use now... the 271t will always be special to me as I used one for so long lol.

Latest posts

Back