Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorter meaning the chopping axe? Or the smaller splitters?
X25? I'm not up on all the different models. it wasn't the axe X11? which is what i was looking for.
EDIT. Had to look it up Steve. found this.
Fiskars-splitting-Axe-diagram.jpg

a carpeted bed...cosy place for firewood rounds.

Absolutely. It also keeps the saws nice and comfy. I bought the truck used and it came with the bed rug. I never would have added the bed rug myself but so far I haven't destroyed and it has really grown on me.

Went to a party yesterday at one of my wife's cousin's houses on Long Island. I'm sure a lot of you will recognize the Holly Grail of Ford Engines. I believe this one was owned my MT himself!

Don't have a clue as to the HP with velocity stacks and injectors, but I do know the single 4 bbl version was 616 HP!
Any pics of what it came out of?

FWIW I prefer the X-25 to the X-27 for medium duty splitting.
The x25 feels to short to me. I'm only 5'9 and like the x27 much more. A 17 or 25 seems like it would work well for use with wedges like I was talking about.

Any pics of what it came out of?

The x25 feels to short to me. I'm only 5'9 and like the x27 much more. A 17 or 25 seems like it would work well for use with wedges like I was talking about.
The Fiskars tools have rounded polls so not much good for wedges IMO. Have you tried one for that at all? I guess it could be ground flat but that would void the warranty.

The Fiskars tools have rounded polls so not much good for wedges IMO. Have you tried one for that at all? I guess it could be ground flat but that would void the warranty.
Nope went to a 5 pound sledge with a 20" straight handle. Have any good recommendations for a wedge pounder?

x17 is a surprisingly good. i do wish there were an x21 splitter though..just that little bit heavier and about 25", that would be good. however i can really rattle through easy splitting stuff with the x17. i always grab the x27 as well though and if the 17 doesn't pop it after a couple swings it gets the 27....if that doesn't do it it gets the 8lb stihl pro maul....if that doesn't do it ...it gets noodled.

Whoa!!!. I'm off to Wal Mart in the morning!! I was out yesterday PIcking up a load of rounds. PIcked up Fiskars to finish splitting a round, set it down. 4 hours later and 4 stops picking up a bit here and there, no Fiskars when I loaded up. Went back all the places, can't find. Grass is up to 7' tall in there.

I need to buy a lottery ticket. Stopped to look for my Fiskar's at the first place I was. Stepped right on it lying flat on the ground in high grass!. I did hit Wal Mart for other things and checked the Fiskar's section. Only the ISOCORE maul there at $33, a few twisty wedges and that was about it.

Must be something new. All the ones I have seen have a flat poll...at least the x27 did.

Went to a party yesterday at one of my wife's cousin's houses on Long Island. I'm sure a lot of you will recognize the Holly Grail of Ford Engines. I believe this one was owned my MT himself!

Don't have a clue as to the HP with velocity stacks and injectors, but I do know the single 4 bbl version was 616 HP!
Henry's Hemi!!! Very cool & these days very, very, rare except in collections or museums:rock:

Hey everyone long time no split... I've been busy with life and finally got back to my wood pile. Thankfully I was way ahead. b
But I have to tell you that if you ignore your wood pile for 2 years the rounds won't split themselves. So I picked a great time to get after this work. I guess I should get back to making big logs little logs.
d5774289b8267f7d1868411eda1ef132.jpg
c316f09cacdda3b5b8e0147ab593bebf.jpg
46d0db82859196427bdd76e60173dffe.jpg

I dunno , that not spruce behind the splitter there looks like a danger tree to me , a real bad lean , hate to see it fall on the truck ...

Hey Neil, Boris says no backstop. EU says backstop not-negotiable.

Either the EU caves at the last minute or it's a hard brexit Oct 31 and elections a week later?

Looks like NI will have to make a tough call between EU or UK? I can't yet work out how NI can stay part of the UK unless they tear up the Good Friday agreement. Otherwise, how does the UK sort their boarder with the EU? Am I missing something?

It's not likely, or is it, that Ireland will join NI in the UK and leave the EU, in order to remove a hard boarder between it an NI?

OK, I'll finally ask: What the h*ll is your 'redline lubed RAM' Why are you grasping it and why is it lubed?

A truck?

A saw?

Your manhood?

Greased sheep?

Philbert

Its a joke,

I am one of the few long standing original contributors to the “synthetic oil” thread on the RAMFORUM. i cant explain it in a short post but it is ALL about the Hemi and the best oil choice for it. It is a very different oil thread. Very friendly and open to oil discussion all day. As well as many other things. We are over 4 years now. Over 30,000 post.

Redline has performed the best for us based on UOA and MANY other things.

My ram is lubed with redline

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Its a joke,

I am one of the few long standing original contributors to the “synthetic oil” thread on the RAMFORUM. i cant explain it in a short post but it is ALL about the Hemi and the best oil choice for it. It is a very different oil thread. Very friendly and open to oil discussion all day. As well as many other things. We are over 4 years now. Over 30,000 post.

Redline has performed the best for us based on UOA and MANY other things.

My ram is lubed with redline

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Do people get mad for/against Amsoil over there too? Lol.

Was just looking through pics on my phone from the holiday the other week.
Some chainsaw on display at the Mudgee small far field days.

upload_2019-7-30_15-39-45.png

upload_2019-7-30_15-40-16.png

Lastly spotted this on the streets of Melbourne, obviously a serious work place safety incident four workers sucked into a concrete pump, then to add to the recklessness the driver drove off without noticing!
Philbert may want to enlighten us on the safety breaches

upload_2019-7-30_15-36-30.png

Latest posts

Back