whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some beast ass pads, might be a bit overkill. I seen those same pads listed on altec's site for $610 not sure what shipping would set u back tho.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I found the altec ones. Thanks for the tip. Does seem overkill, but I guess that’s the point. That lift does move a lot when you jack it up, it’d be nice to have a solid footing underneath the rubber pads it comes with. It’s just, wow...$! I’ll have to see what the shipping would be. Gotta do something.

So I was looking at these 36” x 36” x 2” Dica outrigger pads. Still pricey as hell at $663.00, but shirrill is offering basically the exact same thing stamped Alturnamat for $800!!

Definitely a little overkill for that machine, but I figure I could keep them on the bucket and use them for that too. That and they’d just be handy to have around. And at least if that contraption does me in I’ll have given it my best effort.

Not sure which way I’m gonna go with this, but def on the wish list.
dica and altournamat are the same parent company i believe. dica is the winner. get round ones, you just roll them to where you need them.

dica and altournamat are the same parent company i believe. dica is the winner. get round ones, you just roll them to where you need them.

Thanks for the input, Tom. I ended up going with 36” x 1 1/2” round Dica pads. They weigh like 52 pounds. The guy said 2” thick was way overkill and not necessary (these probably are too, but is a good thing imo and I can use them with the bucket too).

At $399 each it came out to around $1700 with a $100 shipping. Not too bad considering it’s s safety thing and they should last me the rest of my days. Lol.

Thanks for the input, Tom. I ended up going with 36” x 1 1/2” round Dica pads. They weigh like 52 pounds. The guy said 2” thick was way overkill and not necessary (these probably are too, but is a good thing imo and I can use them with the bucket too).

At $399 each it came out to around $1700 with a $100 shipping. Not too bad considering it’s s safety thing and they should last me the rest of my days. Lol.
excellent choice

Banged out a tall dead red oak today. Have a new guy starting tomorrow with a cdl permit. Hope he works out but we all know this guy is probably going to **** his pants and want to go home.

I have to admit, this ditch witch has been very valuable running a skeleton crew. Just stack the branches and one guy forwards them all.
2b2d886756e19165e66e8a0c0ce7364c.jpg

Sold old Stubs today. Bittersweet in many ways, but it was time we both move on. I’ll always cherish the good times we had.

What a grand old truck he was (is). All that money he made me over the years and today he delivered his one last big payday. Got 25k for him and these guys got a good deal, believe it.

At least I got some yard back! Lol.
DD30A8EC-CB47-42C6-AF4C-7998060A5274.jpeg

So I hadn’t used the lift all week, been running the bucket and the rest of the equipment. I felt kinda bad with it just sitting there. Then last night I went and looked at a some additional work for a customer and bam, one trunk of a multi stemmed cherry had fallen down, rest of it severely undermined and rotted (totally unsafe to climb and no bucket access whatsoever), right on top of beautiful little sugar maples (plus there are some other hazard trees I identified while there). Got top dollar and we’re gonna hit them this weekend while all the other “arborists” are jet skiing and the ground is good and dry. Lol. Gonna be a busy weekend with the Giant and Omme. Nice. $$:)

That Omme is the cat’s meow. Total game changer. Now that I’ve had some time to really bond with it, all I can say is it really is all that. I mean it’s a 90’ lift that goes anywhere with 50 - 52’ of side reach. Absolutely ****ing nuts. Two thumbs up from The MDS.:surprised3:

Banged out a tall dead red oak today. Have a new guy starting tomorrow with a cdl permit. Hope he works out but we all know this guy is probably going to **** his pants and want to go home.

I have to admit, this ditch witch has been very valuable running a skeleton crew. Just stack the branches and one guy forwards them all.
2b2d886756e19165e66e8a0c0ce7364c.jpg

It’s nice to see how brush dragging is becoming more and more obsolete. I mean obviously there are jobs where you still have to, but coming from a time where there weren’t any minis or chipper winches, it’s changed a lot.

Man, no climbing, minimal brush dragging,, helmet coms, air conditioning. The worst part now is the equipment moving/setting up/the usual plywooding. It’s almost become a civilized affair, really...

Latest posts

Back