HUSQVARNA 562 XP ISSUES

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansen.288

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi new to the forum, look for info here quite often when I'm stumped. I'm working on a 562 xp with Autotune module. Long story short, it was running one day and quit, now it's a no start.

So go through all the steps, ensuring everything is in check.

Has good compression, fuel valve clicks when hooked up, gets lots of fuel. Just fires and dies. Ignition coil check out using a ZAT 3 tester. I ended up finding a bad crank seal, but that wasn't the issue. Still doesn't run. Fires VERY briefly. So then I dug deeper dissasembled the entire saw a found an air leak behind manifold and between cyl head and crank halves gasket. So since it was cheap, I replaced both gaskets, and the manifold.

I've now gotten rid of the air leaks that'd cause the issue it was having. Yesterday it fired right up, but felt like it was running super rich. Only ran wide open, when you'd let off gas it'd die. Plug was wet more than it should have been. I plugged it into my Husqvarna Diagnostic Tool and made sure firmwares were up to date and ensured everything was operating as it should. It won't run, plug gets wet, has spark and 115 psi compression with no air leaks. I"m stumped, sorry for the long winded post but I def could use some advice on this one as it's gotten the better of me haha.

Cyl/Piston are like new, saw has maybe 20 hours on it but it's a 2012. I've never had an issue with 115psi compression. Usually, anything below 105 and I start to look deeper.

Is you choke rod in proper position with relation to lever? Tried more than one spark plug, decompression plug or is valve working correctly? Did you make sure carb snapped into bottom black lever type fitting. 115 is low if on correct gauge with valve at end. Most Husqvarna are 150psi stock, some higher.

Yes to all that, and it's a brand new snap on gauge I can't see it being a bad one. I just compression tested a brand new 562 xp and it reads at 125psi, so 115psi is within reason where it'll still run in my opinion.

I just had it running, it definitely seems carb related, since it'll run 100% but seems like it continues to build up with fuel like the metering lever is adjsuted wrong. But it's a brand new carb that we had kickin around, and I checked the metering lever with the proper gauge for spec. Obv on the autotune there's no carb adjustments, so just seeing if someone wants to think out of the box to see if I haven't tried something already haha...

When u reset software u need to cut some cookies for about 5 min saw need to relearn it’s setting.

Did you hook saw back up and reset after swaping carb. What was new carb model compared to old, correct firmare for new carb and old module, or replace that also. As asked above, fuel numbers, error codes? Depending on elevation, that 115 is low. Or do you know what is wrong and just wanted to run it by us?

When u reset software u need to cut some cookies for about 5 min saw need to relearn it’s setting.

Yeah I usually do that so it gives itself a chance to relearn settings etc but it just overfuels now to the point where when it fires up dry it's great but then as it overfuels it begins to bog and can't let off throttle or it dies.

115 may seem low, but I've tested three different brand new out of the box saws now with the same gauge and I'm getting 125 psi.

I will have to dig up the H and L numbers if I can find them, after doing a master reset on it I've lost it all but did log it somewhere. I did check ignition number when updating the software yes and the new carb model number is the EL48 .

I'm trying a different carb with module today, just did the master set on the module and going to throw a carb together just to see. I do not know what is wrong, unless the brand new carb sitting in it is NFG that's why I wanted to get some opinions. Some new stuff is NFG out the package so if I'm lucky that's where we're at now. Thanks!

Okay so on another note, how are you guys doing your cold compression tests? I come from ORV mechanics and generally the same but maybe you guys have a different way that's more precise and accurate.

Back