Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ev - no need for stick- instant full torque whole rpm range the go peddle is just a giant rheostat control- no clutch / torque converter is needed. Yes I know there a zilllon variations of the EV drive systems
personally in an EV system I believe the KISS principal to be the best approach.
OK then. I'll buy an EV only if they specify redline oil.

Thanks, guys. I think we have come to a conclusion here. I will leave it alone.

How about a 1969 Mercedes Unimog 404, troop carrier, gas engine that needs rings and reassembly. A totally different animal. The story is that the engine was stuck and in forcing it to turn, believe they broke piston rings. Three cylinders have no compression, maybe it was two. The engine is assembled, the cab and such needs reassembly. I don't need more projects and I have no place to put it to work on it. Been this way for eight years. I suspect there could be more or other things found to repair or replace.
Unimog, what a firewood scrounger that would be! :sweet:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to report a little bit of sad news. Zogger has been diagnosed with throat cancer. The prognosis for recovery sounds good but chemo is no fun.

If you can spare a prayer I’m sure he’d appreciate it. Also if anyone would like to connect with him on Facebook, shoot me a message and I can give you his contact info.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to report a little bit of sad news. Zogger has been diagnosed with throat cancer. The prognosis for recovery sounds good but chemo is no fun.

If you can spare a prayer I’m sure he’d appreciate it. Also if anyone would like to connect with him on Facebook, shoot me a message and I can give you his contact info.
I'll keep him in my prayers!

Hey guys,

That's sad, will pray.
Buddy of mine is in the fight right now with a rare form(not throat), he seems pretty good right now, second round of chemo now. He'd be happy to have folks pray for him too if you all would be so kind even though you don't know him. Thanks.

For our Aussie friends there is a Makita 9010 for sale on EBay in OZ. I know it’s only pics but looks super clean. @bigfellascott @Cowboy254 and across the pond @KiwiBro
Already have too many saws, I really don't need another one getting in my way but thanks for the heads up mate.

Hey guys,

Please wish him the best from NZ. I think of him every time I fire up Kermit (my Bilke S3 processor)

For our Aussie friends there is a Makita 9010 for sale on EBay in OZ. I know it’s only pics but looks super clean. @bigfellascott @Cowboy254 and across the pond @KiwiBro
These are the only two I could find on eBay.
There are still some brand new ones around for $1150, Makita has finally stopped listing them here.
My next saw will most likely be ported so it would make more sense buying one from the US and save on the extra trip.

upload_2019-8-1_17-10-37.png

Hey guys,

Well that's ****. I hope he does well. Please pass on Australia's best wishes.

No surgery then? Can be pretty disfiguring but it all depends on exactly what, where and how advanced it is. My FIL had a variant of throat cancer (hypopharyngeal) and fairly radical surgery that looks confronting but where the 5 year mortality rate is 90 odd percent, he's doing well to be alive 7 years down the track.

Hey guys,

Man this is san news for sure. Wish for the best for him and his family.

It really boils my blood to think there is actually a cure for cancer. But lets keep it a secret so modern medicine can make billions.

Keep us posted. Cancer suck.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back