Dolmar 5105 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I adjusted the idler screw setting without a chain on the bar.

Put the chain on and Added a new fuel filter, now she wont start up.

Only fires if I pour gas right into air filter socket.

tryna figure out why this is.

maybe i pinched fuel line while replacing filter.

could I damage the saw by trying to adjust carb settings while using gas directly into carb air intake?

thought I had wrong chain on the bar, but after getting new one it still fits in groove very very snugly and doesnt move along bar without putting lots of force in pushing chain along.

I wonder if this is some kind of irregular bar for this saw or if it is supposed to be such a tight fit

Well I adjusted the idler screw setting without a chain on the bar.

Put the chain on and Added a new fuel filter, now she wont start up.

Only fires if I pour gas right into air filter socket.

tryna figure out why this is.

maybe i pinched fuel line while replacing filter.

could I damage the saw by trying to adjust carb settings while using gas directly into carb air intake?

thought I had wrong chain on the bar, but after getting new one it still fits in groove very very snugly and doesnt move along bar without putting lots of force in pushing chain along.

I wonder if this is some kind of irregular bar for this saw or if it is supposed to be such a tight fit

Chain should slide freely, sounds like the wrong gauge chain. What standings are on the bar? What stamping is on the drive link of the chain. There are usually numbers identifying these things, if you post them we can help

Chain should slide freely, sounds like the wrong gauge chain. What standings are on the bar? What stamping is on the drive link of the chain. There are usually numbers identifying these things, if you post them we can help

I got the exact chain for the specifications on the bar

thats why I was confused. Maybe Ill just file down those guides on each chain tooth...

Maybe the brake is on. Maybe the chain is too tight. Probably a simple explanation. Looking back at the pics, the bracket for the idle screw still looks whack. I could probably round up a different carb for you to try if you get to that point.

Maybe clutch is hanging up?clutch drum should spin freely by hand.if you got the right chain something is wrong with that bar.grove in the bar maybe pinched some where.or for some reason your not getting enough fuel.generally that has to do with the metering lever arm.set to low you won't get enough fuel.set to high it will flood out without even starting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hhmm another thing.make sure you put the diamphram on first then gasket on top then the cover plate.this is the side with the needle.if backwards.what your saying will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

is There a lip on the inside of the rails for the bar?

You can check with a fine curved pick for a lip.

Latest posts

Back