Stihl 066 magnum I think

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyway I found a 066 magnum at least I think that what it was, it's like 94 cc I think.

Any who I found it at a pawn shop for 375.00 it does look well used and I dont like the bar n chain. It does fire right up and seems to run good, is it at good price as I'm thinking of buying it. Also what size bar does it take?

Get pictures. Pull off muffler and look at piston/cylinder, need T27 torx. Pull recoil, does it take a 1/2 grunt? Pic of B/C?

Does it start/run/cut? I guess you said it runs....does it cut/oil? bring a round. Pull top cover to see if cylinder is OEM.

It's 92cc. $375 is a good price even if fugly, if it runs/cuts right

He just dropped the price to 190.00 it's at a pawnshop. He wont let me take the muffler off but will let me compression test it so going to look at it real hard in the morning and may go ahead n buy it. Tune it up clean it up and resell it after a few tests

That is not a 066 it is a MS460. You can expect that old beater to have a spun bearing, bad crank and a dead coil possibly. With a new bar and some of the above you can easily get under water on it.
Seeing the one clear photo now, I tend to agree- looks like the narrower starter recoil cover as well.

Back