What do you guys think about Olympyk chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 259093

I have a friend that says that Stihl is the only saw to use. He says that Husky is ok but runs down everything else. He says that all Homelite's suck and most of all Olympks. Now this is the guy that thinks he knows everything....and if he does not know it then it apparently sucks. he never even heard of Jonsered! :taped:
I really wanna show him up so I am thinking about taking my Olympyk 264F Deluxe (one in the back) that I just got. He is so bright that he does not even know what model of Stihl that he has but he says that its like a 59CC or something. You think it would out Torque his Stihl. Maybe even cut a little faster?
BTW I am NOT bashing Stihl. I just don't have any Stihl's so I am not very familiar with them. I know thery are one of the best saws tho.

You wouldn't have happened to buy that Deluxe on Ebay from a certain seller in Western Pa. I moved one that looked very similar and would be in about that condition by now.

I have a couple of Stihl buddys like that too. Anyone who is around saws a lot probably does. I had to run my my Craftsman 3.0/ Poulan 3000 against my buds MUff modded MS 250 Stihl, to shut him up when I bought a 2150 JRed years ago. I brought the old saw to scare him and he still says that MS 250 would've beat my J Red. Of course he wouldn't run against me after my 23 yera old Craftsman spanked his baby saw that he knows nothing about.

Look for a 16 inch bar from a Homelite 330 or XL and show up with that set up on the 264. He better have a good running 036 or 038 cause that 264 should give them a good run. He probably has some Farm Boss though and it'll get wooped and he'll still go home thinking he the latest and greatest cause his dealer is 12 miles away and will get him overpriced parts by Monday. Same OLD STORY!!!

I have a olympyk 970 and seems like a pretty strong saw for the amount that I have ran it! It doesn't get used much because of the weight difference of my 044 and 2071! It just seems quite heavier! But it doesn't lack the power!

I don't know how true it is but, if you compare manufacters advertised hp ratings over at Fred's, the Olympks claim to have about 30% to 40% more hp per cc than say a Sthil. I compared an 041AV, to a 264F, which are both 61cc. The Olympk claimed 7.5, the Stihl claimed 5.5hp. I have a 480A that I experimented on that runs quite well with a little less cylinder wall, and a jb welded muffler mod. I like my Olympk's, they are the Ferrari of chainsaws.

I don't know how true it is but, if you compare manufacters advertised hp ratings over at Fred's, the Olympks claim to have about 30% to 40% more hp per cc than say a Sthil. I compared an 041AV, to a 264F, which are both 61cc. The Olympk claimed 7.5, the Stihl claimed 5.5hp. I have a 480A that I experimented on that runs quite well with a little less cylinder wall, and a jb welded muffler mod. I like my Olympk's, they are the Ferrari of chainsaws.

Careful not to mix up brake HP, DIN hp, etc. then you will get all kind of strange numbers.

Careful not to mix up brake HP, DIN hp, etc. then you will get all kind of strange numbers.

I have a 264F and have cut mucho wood with it. Fast saw, easy to work on, cuts the hell otta wood. That said, I have enough flippin' saws; so, I might sell my 264F, reluctantly. Not a big Stihl fan, but I like their bigger saws (660 is what I'm shooting for). The Oly will be faster than the Stihl 041AV, though. Been a no-problem saw.

Back