• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 462 c Stihl Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabezon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 462 c Stihl Chainsaw for sale. I purchased the saw 3 months ago brand new. I've used the saw one time and cut a half a cord of wood. I would like $900.00 plus shipping. The saw is under warranty. If interested please let me know. Once I can upload pictures to the site I will put them on or I can text pictures. Thank you

I have a 462 c Stihl Chainsaw for sale. I purchased the saw 3 months ago brand new. I've used the saw one time and cut a half a cord of wood. I would like $900.00 plus shipping. The saw is under warranty. If interested please let me know. Once I can upload pictures to the site I will put them on or I can text pictures. Thank you

Stihl only warranties the product for the original purchaser.

Stihl only warranties the product for the original purchaser.
The warranty stays with the saw, I sold a new 462 on this site & a gentleman researched warranty info, he contacted Stihl, only warranty this would not apply to is a saw purchased in another country. Simply enter 462 in search on this site and read thread of gyp69, I believe the man who researched this was from Wa state & went by the Satch GLWS.

The warranty stays with the saw, I sold a new 462 on this site & a gentleman researched warranty info, he contacted Stihl, only warranty this would not apply to is a saw purchased in another country. Simply enter 462 in search on this site and read thread of gyp69, I believe the man who researched this was from Wa state & went by the Satch GLWS.

This saw is used. Does the phrase “ Original Purchaser “ mean anything to you? The warranty has already been assigned. Go to the stihl website and read the full warranty info for yourself.

Yes, I understand original purchaser, understand used, I have read warranty info, I am going by what this man was told by email by STIHL USA about how to transfer warranty which pamphlet states can only be done by Stihl dealer, he reached out to them again for confirmation & was told that warranty work is looked up by date of purchase & serial number! One other thing in a real world scenario for you I took a friends 362 to Longmont Co dealer for him 7 months after purchase, they asked me what the problem was I told them it wasn’t oiling, Oiler gear (worm gear) I presumed correctly they looked up serial number & said yep 5 months of warranty left, no one asked me for I.D. Or who I was,& he had purchased this saw in Casper Wy. I can’t stand when people talk down to someone, why not just state what you believe to be true & leave off the do you understand comment!

Also to the O.P. Your 462 will sell on this site, but as a couple guys have posted you almost always have to have pics. Good Luck.

1st off I said what I did because you referenced selling a new saw, not used. 2nd, we’re discussing it because it’s not fair to the purchaser if he thinks it’s under warranty and finds out different when he walks into a dealer for service. 3rd, I go by what’s written in the warranty info, not personal communication between 2 people.

1st off I said what I did because you referenced selling a new saw, not used. 2nd, we’re discussing it because it’s not fair to the purchaser if he thinks it’s under warranty and finds out different when he walks into a dealer for service. 3rd, I go by what’s written in the warranty info, not personal communication between 2 people.
First I referenced it as new (my 462) because it was unused, not even ever fueled by me or even started, NIB (I’m not a dealer) but when I walked out the door it was registered to me used in stihls perspective I can appreciate you looking after the purchaser, lm absolutely good with that, l want to stick up for the seller as well. You stated INCORRECT LY that stihl only warranties the product for original purchaser. The very next sentence states that only STIHL INC CAN TRANSFER THE WARRANTY TO SUBSEQUENT PURCHASER. I just got off the phone with Stihl Inc. they can look up serial number right there & accomplish this or original purchaser can go to location he bought saw with new owners info & they can do it there or just as I stated earlier they use serial number for repair. So Cabezon good luck with saw with TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY! Nice looking saw! By the way I would have just let this slide but he is competing with a brand new 462 so warranty is important!

It is a very clean saw. Good luck with a sale.

Gyp, you called stihl USA on a Saturday and got that answer? Funny they only talk to you and don’t put specifics in writing. Do you think the seller is going back to the selling dealer with the new purchaser? Of course not, he’s selling on the Internet. I read that only stihl can transfer a warranty. Funny how they don’t elaborate on the subject. No specific map to follow, who to call, where to start. Kinda like calling G.M. When you’re unhappy with your car.
Let’s just say since the O.P. was good enough to show the serial number, I’d be calling stihl on a business day to make the warranty transfer before I took possession. I’d want a conformation rather than hearsay evidence.

Gyp, you called stihl USA on a Saturday and got that answer? Funny they only talk to you and don’t put specifics in writing. Do you think the seller is going back to the selling dealer with the new purchaser? Of course not, he’s selling on the Internet. I read that only stihl can transfer a warranty. Funny how they don’t elaborate on the subject. No specific map to follow, who to call, where to start. Kinda like calling G.M. When you’re unhappy with your car.
Let’s just say since the O.P. was good enough to show the serial number, I’d be calling stihl on a business day to make the warranty transfer before I took possession. I’d want a conformation rather than hearsay evidence.

I'm transferring warranty and currently on a saw I bought.
My dealer told me to bring in the saw and the original BOS from the originating dealer and they would see what they can do They said that, sometimes it works out and other times not.
My guess is ..... it Depends on how much warranty is left and the saw itself.
My saw is new so it should be fine.

J Henderson please read my post carefully, I am not a liar, damn straight I called Stihl on Saturday their hrs were 10-3 talked to a guy named J—-, I said he could take new buyers INFO to dealer, not have a guy fromMi for example meet him in N M, as for only talking to me where did you get that from?I called & pressed #2 for tech support, I read the same thing as you that’s why I called & why the squatch had an email exchange it’s called researching the subject. Anyhow it’s a moot point as saw is sold, probably locally as two jackasses hijacked his thread you and I! Adios

I never meant to insinuate you lied. Only that it’s odd that stihl won’t put in print what they told you on the phone. What Andy said seems to bare out what I questioned. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t . That doesn’t inspire any confidence. For another $100 I’ll buy new.

I'm curious why anyone would part with a 462!!!?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back