T540xp repair??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kctree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just curious if any of you guys could give some advise here......weve been running a 540xp for a few yrs its been a really good saw with zero issues. But yesterday we were getting about done with a giant hackberry removal and i pinched the bar when trying to cut one side of a grafted branch, it had some funny compression on it i didnt expect. Anyhow i pulled on it a bit (didnt think i pulled very hard) but it broke way upfront of the handle where it connects around a bolt with an antivibe spring. It looks to me like the handle/carb housing/and fuel tank r all one piece. Any input on if its possible to get this fixed and cost would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi I have repaired a number of these now, the handle is all one piece and quite fragile, they normally crack across the back nr the carb, handle is quite expensive (here in the UK!) and changing it is labour intensive and fiddly. I would definitely get a quote first if you are taking it in to a shop for repair, it's probably only cost effective for repair if you are mechanically minded and get a price for the part and DIY.
Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. I found the part online i need...its what i thought, the handle gas tank and carb compartment all in one piece. Looks like around 80-90$. Have a decent saw shop close but they dont deal husky, they used to deal jonsered now they deal dolmar/makita. Do you think its something worth having them try to teplace? Or throw it in the teash and cut our losses?? We have a maruyama 30cc top handle for backup but its not half the saw the 540 is. Thinking of ordering an echo 355T or a husky 435T. Which is a better saw in you guys oppinion?

The local husky shop we got the T540 from turned out to not be great to deal with in the past, we wont be going there to get it looked at.....

Thanks for the replies guys. I found the part online i need...its what i thought, the handle gas tank and carb compartment all in one piece. Looks like around 80-90$. Have a decent saw shop close but they dont deal husky, they used to deal jonsered now they deal dolmar/makita. Do you think its something worth having them try to teplace? Or throw it in the teash and cut our losses?? We have a maruyama 30cc top handle for backup but its not half the saw the 540 is. Thinking of ordering an echo 355T or a husky 435T. Which is a better saw in you guys oppinion?
I have repaired several of them, take your time and it's not that hard to do.

Back