the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tell us mere mortals what you think of it up in the tree.

it was only up a 15 foot ladder but used to flip line secure myself as i chained off the log to crane.... there was some chatter today about these harness on an Arborist face book site, but i see the post been taken down.. i suspect many strong opinions good vs bad vs cheap vs safety etc its still ok for dyi tiler roofer or like today ladder work i'm not sure id be so comfy slung off a rope yet the webbing seems ok its the steel alloy hard points that bother me no SWL stamp or certification mark they could as good as a key chain snap

it was only up a 15 foot ladder but used to flip line secure myself as i chained off the log to crane.... there was some chatter today about these harness on an Arborist face book site, but i see the post been taken down.. i suspect many strong opinions good vs bad vs cheap vs safety etc its still ok for dyi tiler roofer or like today ladder work i'm not sure id be so comfy slung off a rope yet the webbing seems ok its the steel alloy hard points that bother me no SWL stamp or certification mark they could as good as a key chain snap

Yeah, its the chinga work ethic and attitude, and the track record that goes with that, that leaves a cloud of doubt about it.

but I was referring to the battery operated toy you pictured :) when I asked how it went up a tree. :chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::)

I saw a fella using one of those battery Stihl saws the other day. I think it was a Msa200?? It seemed to do a lot of cuts but it was cutting limbs into manageable pieces on a green red gum tree. I’m considering buying one for camping and using in public areas when camping as to not annoy other people with noise and fumes. The battery ones still make a bit of noise but not as loud as a petrol power head [emoji1303]

Yeah, its the chinga work ethic and attitude, and the track record that goes with that, that leaves a cloud of doubt about it.

but I was referring to the battery operated toy you pictured :) when I asked how it went up a tree. :chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::)

not got it off ground yet but its a nice bit of kit,, ugly thing to look at but the torque power is mad for little tacker It should be good up tree but the thumb operated safety on off switch may be issue when your using saw aloft cuz your upside down wrong handed with a twist

I saw a fella using one of those battery Stihl saws the other day. I think it was a Msa200?? It seemed to do a lot of cuts but it was cutting limbs into manageable pieces on a green red gum tree. I’m considering buying one for camping and using in public areas when camping as to not annoy other people with noise and fumes. The battery ones still make a bit of noise but not as loud as a petrol power head [emoji1303]

yeah ideal for that use a stealth saw gets quietly around bush rangers and council inspectors

I was wanting to be considerate for other people with the quieter saw, wouldn’t be using it after curfew hours or anything so wouldn’t have to be worried about inspectors or rangers [emoji1787]

I have had one a few years and use it for camping and has served me well,the chain is a prick to sharpen because it’s so small

We dont have mains water out our way, so all our water is via tanks and pump setup.

I rebuild the damn thing 9 years ago when we bought the place, and it was leaking badly then, was the main housing o ring and hose from pressure tank to pump that was the problem.
Been fine ever since, and totally off the radar.

Recently it started leaking again, and progressively got worse.
Thought it was the poly elbow on the base of the pressure tank, but it was a pinhole in the tank near the base, so patched that with some metal knead it, and then tidied up some other bits and pieces on it, only to find the housing of the pump was also weeping from a 4mm crack. I sanded that and used some general purpose knead it on that, and it held, but there were other leaks that I then discovered after patching the leak at the top of the housing, I was hoping it was only that, and leaking down over the rest of the pump, but after sealing that, I found other leaks further down, and after finding one crack in old plastic, I thought it best to consider the pump on its last legs.

Interesting that the knead it did take and seal the pump housing plastic. Maybe that tip might get some one else out of trouble when all the shops are closed over a long weekend or something ;)
Have undertook some non conventional repairs to vehicles over the years using 2 part araldite, and mixing in some metal or ally shavings with it if required, now that there is that knead it stuff, I always have a tube handy just in case.
And while were covering strange repairs of things, minties chewed to a good 1" sq sticky size will seal a hole in a leaking petrol tank, yes Ive actually tried, and made an effective repair, just dont park the car over an ants nest or near something that likes to eat sugar and lollies :) Usual disclaimers apply before trying this at home etc.

pumppatch.jpg tankpinhole.jpg tankpinholepatch.jpg

I’ve used the metal knead stuff. Was it called Quick Steel or something like that? I found it to be great stuff but terrible to get off your hands.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7296803/Parents-reveal-children-transgender.html
The parents of two transgender children have told how they supported their kids unconditionally, after both revealed that they wanted to transition at an early age.

Ben and Sara Kaplan, from Berkeley, California, welcomed a biological daughter and then a biological son, to their family.

But at the age of eight, James Kaplan, now 11, who was born a biological girl, realized he had to transition from female to male.

And just a few years later a then-four-year-old Olivia Kaplan, now seven, who was born a biological boy, realized she wanted to transition from male to female. Their names at birth have not been revealed.

We dont have mains water out our way, so all our water is via tanks and pump setup.

I rebuild the damn thing 9 years ago when we bought the place, and it was leaking badly then, was the main housing o ring and hose from pressure tank to pump that was the problem.
Been fine ever since, and totally off the radar.

Recently it started leaking again, and progressively got worse.
Thought it was the poly elbow on the base of the pressure tank, but it was a pinhole in the tank near the base, so patched that with some metal knead it, and then tidied up some other bits and pieces on it, only to find the housing of the pump was also weeping from a 4mm crack. I sanded that and used some general purpose knead it on that, and it held, but there were other leaks that I then discovered after patching the leak at the top of the housing, I was hoping it was only that, and leaking down over the rest of the pump, but after sealing that, I found other leaks further down, and after finding one crack in old plastic, I thought it best to consider the pump on its last legs.

Interesting that the knead it did take and seal the pump housing plastic. Maybe that tip might get some one else out of trouble when all the shops are closed over a long weekend or something ;)
Have undertook some non conventional repairs to vehicles over the years using 2 part araldite, and mixing in some metal or ally shavings with it if required, now that there is that knead it stuff, I always have a tube handy just in case.
And while were covering strange repairs of things, minties chewed to a good 1" sq sticky size will seal a hole in a leaking petrol tank, yes Ive actually tried, and made an effective repair, just dont park the car over an ants nest or near something that likes to eat sugar and lollies :) Usual disclaimers apply before trying this at home etc.

View attachment 751247 View attachment 751248 View attachment 751249
My pump died i fixed it twice as well and then it packed it in little wifey went and got a new all stanless pump and impalers run dry cut out incresers flow on demand have the shower going and the washing machine going and not even know. Its been going for over 9 years.

Latest posts

Back