Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could not find a wall to service manual for this carb btw, not on walbros website.

Anywho I did the vac test to make sure the check was working, the little flap on the pump side.

This was pretty much a new piston, new rings same cylinder. It should get better with some run time.

Does anyone know where I can get brand new thrust washers? There is a lot of side to side play in this crank, and when idling it’s moving from side to side. I’d really like to tighten that up

Just a limb off of the red oak in my dad's backyard. Broke it down with my 3700
First time I've had it in wood. She cut great
0c1aeba9149bafa9729d506a1855ebaa.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Thx Todd I will try and see if I can do this without splitting the cases. I have an extra set of seals if I need to use em

When you dig out the seals see if you can determine which bearing has moved. My 4000 was doing the same thing and the lads here got me to strip it as sure enough it was starting to chew out the case as only 1 bearing had moved and if I had pushed the wrong 1 in it would have made it worse. Not sure if the bearing bores are the same length or not but the other way to check for centre is to pull the jug

I know they didn’t move cause I pressed them in myself leaving the gap that I have right now. It was only when I saw it running for the first time that I noticed the crank sliding back and forth during idle, and I didn’t like it.
I pressed the bearings in too, didn’t hammer them, and used hot and cold. I tried to absolutely minimize case race damage, so I’m pretty sure they are good.

However you guys are the experts :) this is my first one. I might just have to split the cases to do this properly. It that’s ok

I know they didn’t move cause I pressed them in myself leaving the gap that I have right now. It was only when I saw it running for the first time that I noticed the crank sliding back and forth during idle, and I didn’t like it.
I pressed the bearings in too, didn’t hammer them, and used hot and cold. I tried to absolutely minimize case race damage, so I’m pretty sure they are good.

However you guys are the experts :) this is my first one. I might just have to split the cases to do this properly. It that’s ok

Ahh right yup how much play is there? It took me ages to get that right had to keep bolting the cases together and don't growl to bad I used a hammer and socket lol. If it's not rubbing the cases I wouldn't worry about it they walk around a bit by design

Ahh right yup how much play is there? It took me ages to get that right had to keep bolting the cases together and don't growl to bad I used a hammer and socket lol. If it's not rubbing the cases I wouldn't worry about it they walk around a bit by design
Oh I ain’t gonna growl lol different strokes different folks. As far as I am concerned both ways are correct, you can hammer them in with no case damage :)

Well there is a screeching noise coming from there and I can only assume it has something to do with the thrust washer clearance...
It’s either that or the clutch bearing, I have yet to thoroughly investigate

Oh I ain’t gonna growl lol different strokes different folks. As far as I am concerned both ways are correct, you can hammer them in with no case damage :)

Well there is a screeching noise coming from there and I can only assume it has something to do with the thrust washer clearance...
It’s either that or the clutch bearing, I have yet to thoroughly investigate

Hopfully just clutch then eh

It's a Cameo Silhouette. Uses a simple cutting mat (sticky mat). Machine is mostly for making crafts and stuff like vinyl stickers but we've found other creative uses. This is definitely the most practical thing I've ever used it for. Cutting mat is 12"x24"

Attachments

• FD501DA5-4204-4B26-BE75-8FDD95C3EFE4.jpeg
    FD501DA5-4204-4B26-BE75-8FDD95C3EFE4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Finished drawing the remaining gaskets. Used the diaphragm drawing to do the other 2 for the oil pump and the carb and cylinder were pretty basic.

The big saw drawings remain and I need to get some material to do the standard gaskets. But not going to get ahead of myself until I test this oil pump one.

Attachments

• 260EB703-64CE-4842-A6CA-B1C81401C312.jpeg
    260EB703-64CE-4842-A6CA-B1C81401C312.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 14
I had a friend interested in possibly purchasing my 3400. It doesnt get the use it should around here and I need to thin the herd a bit and concentrate on 1 or 2 brands anyway.
I had it out about a month ago and ran a full tank through it bucking firewood, so I pulled it down to clean the dust off. I fueled it and the darn thing would not start. Just my luck, no spark. I see coils are all over the place on Ebay but I thought I would check here to see if anyone had anything. I dont want to spend a bunch of money since I told hi. I'd sell it for $150 and I probably have that much in it already lol.

Back