Echo C's 352

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The cs352 plastic chain catcher snapped off. It's barely attached to the bottom of the clutch cover and has a plastic pin loosely fitted in a hole at the saw saw body. I caught a small limb, tossed the chain and didn't know that part was missing at first. I can't see a good way to rig a metal catcher, warranty may not give me a new clutch cover with chain catcher. My guess is that a saw this small may not need a chain catcher. A lot of small saws including Sthil now have cheap plastic chain catchers. Am I the only one that has had this problem?
Good day.

Update.
The little 352 has become one of my favorite clean up saws for stuff 6 inches and smaller.
Since the One and Only time the cheesy plastic chain catcher broke and was NOT COVERED by Warranty after I made the proper repairs rigorous testing and have not had further problems.
In fact I love the little saw.
I ordered a new clutch cover and after looking how thin the cast is I concluded Echo should beef that part up.
To prove my point I hot welded the old part and I added more plastic to the bracing that holds the catcher in place. It's rare to drop a chain on a bigger saw when Felling but those narrow nose bars working in saw briers and dried hard pencil size brush, will at times drop a chain. I had a small Poulan Bar and Chain that was pretty worn so used it to test the saw. The narrow tipped badly worn bar and old chain is more likely to drop the chai. After installing and adjusting. I got into a bunch of brush and started working. I finally dropped the chain and nothing broke. Since the repair was made and I had a new Part on hand I actually tried to drop the chain. I got two drops in the first hour by running in scrub brush and purposely forcing the saw. Both times the repaired catcher worked like a charm and showed no sign of weaknesses.
Then I put a new 16 inch bar and Chain on the saw. Fortunately after the testing ive not dropped the chain but eventually, in the places I use that saw, its bound to happen. However the work I did on this catcher and clutch cover gives me confidence that this time it won't so easily snap off and may be fixed for good.
The first cain catcher snapped like a twig the first time the chain jumped. I didn't expect that. It may have been damaged from the factory, who knows.
I'm STILL pissed that they insulted me when I took a brand new saw back for a cheap warranty repair. Guy said, well, It's a cheap Home owner saw. We've pages say Echo don't build Home owner saws.
However, that saw at just over 200 bucks is a good buy. My opinion is Poulan, Ryobi, and some Huskies are not as good a deal.
Before that saw I bought a CS 310 and I didn't think much of that saw sold it fast.
I think the CS 352 Is a lot better saw and worth 50 bucks more.
Was looking at a small Husky recently. The 440E If I recall. Looked pretty good.
Good day.

I have at least 50 saws and use one of my muff modded CS352 saw to cut up white oak slab wood all the time.. Great saws. Steve
The more I use the little saw the more I like it.
I'm under the impression my saw came from the factory either cracked or flawed. The dealer should have made it right. Echo saws are good saws but the manufacture should at least be notified. The dealer blew me off. I'm still Pissed off over a 30 dollar part. That's NOT good practice. The good guy that worked there is now gone. Probably got fired. The bad thing is I was so happy and liked this dealer enough to write a 5 star review. So now I'll shop elsewhere and Echo has no idea that just maybe I got a flawed part. Most of this falls SQUARELY on the dealer. Most of the good guys are now gone and the jerk that blew me off is running things. This jerk was working at a different dealer so that's why I never shop there. These idiots like him just rotate from one business to another like a dog with skunk spray. This reason is why people buy just anywhere and Echo warranty takes a hit. May as well buy on line with that type of dealer. Echo may have backed the saw IF ONLY they knew but the jerk made sure they didn't. I love the saw. My anger isn't the saw it how my problem was handled. Now that im loving the saw I can clearly see where the shoe is pinching. Thanks and have a great day.

Latest posts

Back