"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This little saw is alot of fun. A bit of exaust smoke in full throttle but ive yet to clean the filter and twerk the carb. Im hoping a little leaner should clean it up.

Picked up these two on Saturday, gave 100 for the pair. The near one with the SE recoil is probably going to need a piston at the least, but it is a later fine thread crank saw. The far one needed gas to run and an oil cap. Going to need a carb kit and a sprocket rim, but otherwise a solid running saw.
It cleaned up pretty nice.
e06e08f903bf8fd25cb32afb21b74ed8.jpg
4d31d764e8f9497382c013dcc199b541.jpg
a8195f5ab56b0cb993e0bad7ef8ba0c0.jpg

Passed a scrap yard about a month ago and was meaning to stop but worky work work.
Today I stopped on my way to a job to drop a HUGE white pine that someone planted directly on top of a cinder block septic tank. I asked the fellow working at the yard if he had any old saws?
10$ latter haha lol it pops off and runs on prime!20190806_191930.jpg 20190806_191818.jpg

Passed a scrap yard about a month ago and was meaning to stop but worky work work.
Today I stopped on my way to a job to drop a HUGE white pine that someone planted directly on top of a cinder block septic tank. I asked the fellow working at the yard if he had any old saws?
10$ latter haha lol it pops off and runs on prime!View attachment 751703 View attachment 751704
That is definitely a "you suck". And a bow saw, at that!

I hate all of you.
Tell me about it! You pay through the teeth down under for any 2nd hand thing unless you fluke someone ignorant of what they have.... Stuff found in the US is like another world for me lol. Other than a bulk lot I paid for months ago & had a running 020avp amongst it that just needed bar & chain which I had from two other 011/012?'s, the 2 old 1958/60 saws I scored recently were flukes :eek:

My You Suck contribution is a very nice and complete Homelite Zip B.
I know it's not a Stihl or Husqvarna but this is a very nice saw.
As you can see it has all its original complete decals, chrome plugs for the carb adjustment hole and forward hole on the carb shield.
Has the original 17" bar too. I actually love getting saws that have the old shop decal from where it was purchased, Torrington Ct at the tractor and equipment dealer.
Back story is the the older guy I got it from it was his fathers who brought it new in the early 60's and hardly ever used it and it shows. I'm going to use Dawn dish soap so I can wash it down of all the age grime and use a clearcoat to preserve the decals.

P.S. it still has the cylinder/spark shield and spark arrestor and deflector.
Al D.
8fcb7fcd09419e4565990ce5e0d052bc.jpg
78729bb30bab5d1edd4e2c07ae7f83e6.jpg

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

My You Suck contribution is a very nice and complete Homelite Zip B.
I know it's not a Stihl or Husqvarna but this is a very nice saw.
As you can see it has all its original complete decals, chrome plugs for the carb adjustment hole and forward hole on the carb shield.
Has the original 17" bar too. I actually love getting saws that have the old shop decal from where it was purchased, Torrington Ct at the tractor and equipment dealer.
Back story is the the older guy I got it from it was his fathers who brought it new in the early 60's and hardly ever used it and it shows. I'm going to use Dawn dish soap so I can wash it down of all the age grime and use a clearcoat to preserve the decals.

P.S. it still has the cylinder/spark shield and spark arrestor and deflector.
Al D.
8fcb7fcd09419e4565990ce5e0d052bc.jpg
78729bb30bab5d1edd4e2c07ae7f83e6.jpg

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]
Don't see that needing much cleaning. The condition I receive saws in to service/repair is repulsive! Can take me 30 mins with Turps or petrol just to clean inside pullstart/clutch brake assemblies/covers before I even start servicing :eek: This is Pristine imho! If there was a better word to use than suck, that's what I'd use so, you absolutely suck!!!!! Marvelous looking machine & in a cond' I'll probably never to see here grrrr lol.

Don't know if this qualifies for suckage but bought this 252RX clearing saw for 200€

1.jpg

4.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Came with original and most likely first saw blade and harness. Very low hour machine I think. Only fuel line has been replaced wiht ugly oregon line.

I added trimmer head and new Balance XT harness later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back