whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 dead standing oaks. Not a bad way to end the week.

Attachments

• 7CD26C49-7D57-41E5-AAC1-272BD765ACC7.jpeg
    7CD26C49-7D57-41E5-AAC1-272BD765ACC7.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 32
  • 5819DE9F-FFB6-44A2-802D-85B2559CC6E5.jpeg
    5819DE9F-FFB6-44A2-802D-85B2559CC6E5.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
I don't get many cut and leave jobs, very rare indeed, and rarely do residential, but this is a special client. Affluent area with big eucalyptus and being in a drought zone for years this is common, lot's of dying eucalyptus..
Anyway, this euc has been declining for over two years and the top is dead and brittle, not a good tree for rigging.
The deck stays, the limbs over the house can not be rigged because they are going to rain down debris on a house built in 1927.
There is no access for a crane at all,
Pic 1 is the the tree
Pic 2 is the top
Pic 3 is shows the distance I need to have the tree jump to miss the deck
Pic 4 shows how far the jump has to be to clear the irreplaceable original walkway, about 6 feet
Pic 5 shows the spot 250 feet away I plan as the drop zone
So, needless to say, this will be the biggest jump cut that I have planned
I am very nervous but I am not paid for my looks,
Here are the pic's, I am doing this on Thursday next week,
Comments will be appreciated,
Jeff

Is that you Murph?

New hitch attachment for the front of the Giant. It’s a 25t swivel pintle with the spring. Been wanting to get this made for a while. Should make moving trailers a lot easier. Visibility isn’t as good as I had hoped in terms of hooking a trailer to it myself, but I’ll probably get better at it (just picked up last night). Has an ingenious little stand too. You just click it in the hitch before even setting it down.
3DA378A6-DF7F-44B2-AD33-CD482050AC73.jpeg
16EE3627-104F-4D15-A008-A2CD7F34DD0C.jpeg
2C198138-42C4-44B0-9061-59DC8536F782.jpeg

New hitch attachment for the front of the Giant. It’s a 25t swivel pintle with the spring. Been wanting to get this made for a while. Should make moving trailers a lot easier. Visibility isn’t as good as I had hoped in terms of hooking a trailer to it myself, but I’ll probably get better at it (just picked up last night). Has an ingenious little stand too. You just click it in the hitch before even setting it down.
View attachment 752979
View attachment 752980
View attachment 752981

Did you make that?

Did you make that?

I just bought the skid steer blank and hitch and handed them and my thoughts over to my welder friend. Then I brought it to another buddy of mine to have it blasted and painted. By that point I realized it was gonna be a pita having to take off the grapple to load it and unload it/move it around in general, so I had him add the grab bar thingy too. Pretty sweet in the end. I’m just wondering now if I can rig a camera up on the boom or something to make hooking up stuff without anyone around easier. Lol, always something.

I just bought the skid steer blank and hitch and handed them and my thoughts over to my welder friend. Then I brought it to another buddy of mine to have it blasted and painted. By that point I realized it was gonna be a pita having to take off the grapple to load it and unload it/move it around in general, so I had him add the grab bar thingy too. Pretty sweet in the end. I’m just wondering now if I can rig a camera up on the boom or something to make hooking up stuff without anyone around easier. Lol, always something.
You can purchase an RV back up camera, may be that would work. Wireless.

are you sure the hitch is big enough? wahoo!

20190813_172005.jpgMore tear outs.
Finally one that's not at an included attachment. Crabapple with white rot let go of the whole strap as soon as we had it clear of the house. 20190815_101130.jpg 20190815_101142.jpg 20190815_101227.jpg 20190815_134103.jpg 20190815_134110.jpg Ash must have laid down really gentle. Once we got it cleaned out, we could see it did zero damage to fence, house, or the pine tree that it had landed on.

Hitch is working out nicely. Was plenty of clearance at this angle and smooth as can be with the rotating hitch. Really happy with the way that worked out.

Couple pics of old Jefferson doing his thing. Nice when the next door neighbor wants the wood. Here ya go!! Not sure I would’ve taken this load over the road. New springs looked fine though.
2C29F74D-08C0-491D-ABA0-95B43D4BADC6.jpeg
49A00DAE-D799-4A13-9582-8063DC31122A.jpeg
0991CAFC-F9B6-408C-8FDE-67F2F951019B.jpeg
D94142F2-BCEE-4E17-9218-66E3D837B54D.jpeg

Picked my mother up for church and then gave a sermon at the church I’m on a rotation with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set up one of those “Swurfer” swings for a customer between two trees. Had to work double ropes with the rope runner and akimbo. Went well. Cabled two oak trees together and put the links in the center about 40’ up. I undercharged but it was my first time so I gave them a break. It was a fun change of pace.

This humidity though... kill me.

I set up one of those “Swurfer” swings for a customer between two trees. Had to work double ropes with the rope runner and akimbo. Went well. Cabled two oak trees together and put the links in the center about 40’ up. I undercharged but it was my first time so I gave them a break. It was a fun change of pace.

This humidity though... kill me.

I briefly considered offering the same thing. For the change of pace as well.

I looked into it and the liability scared me away. Whether I was being blown smoke or not I don't know but I'd make sure you're covered if it becomes a regular thing.

Pruned 2 cottonwoods and a silver maple. Got tagged by a hornet, just below my eye.
Groundie picked up a rake and got one in his hand.
Dunno why the pic is attaching weird

Attachments

• 20190820_172028.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 19
Back