Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 752909
Picked up one of these this weekend, really a beautiful design. The hl carb looks to be mounted upside down in comparison to my old McCulloch, has anyone seen or tried to mount a knock off 090 sthil carb on these saws?
You are lucky it has the HL, mine has a carter ND, it will idle all day, but its not so good on the top end.

20160902_170826.jpg

I agree that they are a very interesting design, and they're pretty interesting to work on. You'll need ignition wrenches to get the carb off probably.

View attachment 752909
Picked up one of these this weekend, really a beautiful design. The hl carb looks to be mounted upside down in comparison to my old McCulloch, has anyone seen or tried to mount a knock off 090 sthil carb on these saws?

By using the original HL choke and throttle shafts it’s likely do-able. Also drill the 070/090 carb body for the choke detent spring & plunger.

I used a Dremel cut off disc to elongate for the larger throttle & choke plates.
f6d06fb75de91c1b38e85fee9c29381a.jpg

9265700111c6b0cec6e819987b3dad84.jpg

The above was for a Clinton D35 which came with a Tilly HA.

By using the original HL choke and throttle shafts it’s likely do-able. Also drill the 070/090 carb body for the choke detent spring & plunger.

I used a Dremel cut off disc to elongate for the larger throttle & choke plates.
f6d06fb75de91c1b38e85fee9c29381a.jpg

9265700111c6b0cec6e819987b3dad84.jpg

The above was for a Clinton D35 which came with a Tilly HA.

Funny enough after I had fresh mix sitting in the tank and carb for a few days in the hot woodshed I came home for work and the 754 runs out beautifully.
I am not familiar with this carb though, does anyone know the factory screw adjustments?

Gear drives would, all the specs say non-gear drive 30” longest bar ( Supplied) 82-88cc.
The 880G longest was 54

So prob depends on power, speed and what it’s role was for

Erik

Ok, thats what I was thinking, just saw a cheap 42" bar and started dreaming.

I've had some old switches do that, usually just in one spot of the travel of the lever. But I wear gloves, and don't cut all too frequently so it doesn't matter.
Just wanted too be sure the switch wasn't gonna cook the ignition system, because I'm sure there's dozens of them laying around.

Latest posts

Back