Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went and rented a stump grinder today. Had 6 that were cut off close to the ground but were still a pain. Two yards off fill after and I have a good spot to cut and split those logs up.View attachment 753463 The three oaks in the back are dead and need to come down.

your pile of oak to the R, last pix kinda reminds me of my recent stack of oak. but a bit less. finally got them all to splitting area... all my oak here from just down the street couple houses... front drive finally clean again...
PC100018.JPG P1240011.JPG[PC100019.JPG P1250010.JPG

Because I'm always testing saws and chains.

It is :cheers:.

I don't have a lot of room up front to store split wood. The large pile(pile 1) I have will need to be moved/sold so I have a place to put trusses for the pole barn I want to build so I've been hesitant to add much to it. I have at least another 10 cords of red oak rounds out back(pile 2) and 12 or so of various logs(pile 3) out back, then about 3 cords of black locust rounds(pile 4) as well as many dead standing locust trees on the property. I only burn 3.5-4 cord a yr heating almost 100% with wood, we've never started the furnace and been here 9 winter seasons, we do have a pellet stove that does help when it's real cold so the wood stove doesn't have to work to hard, but it's only for a few bags a yr.
Here's a couple test from this week, all different saws, two with the same bar/chain.
Videos of the woodpile splitting area :D.

Cut those locust cookies @20" and I'll come pick them up. You dont need to worry about finding space....

sent from a field

Making progress.
8902e27d656818c572760236210d8438.jpg
34eaa402adcc40929da8c464777fc8e3.jpg

sent from a field

I moved the rest of the split pine to the area I'm piling it up since we already have two years worth stacked for the shoulder season. Once we burn four face cord of this years shoulder season pine, I hope to stack another four from this pile before we get snow.

Attachments

• 101_9493.JPG
    101_9493.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 101_9494.JPG
    101_9494.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 101_9495.JPG
    101_9495.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 101_9496.JPG
    101_9496.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 21
Cut those locust cookies @20" and I'll come pick them up. You dont need to worry about finding space....

sent from a field
Sorry buddy, I already cut the locust cookies at 16-18, that's ash I'm cutting in the videos.
There are some locust logs that can bee seen there, those I'm hoping to mill some of and the rest will be firewood :sweet:.
It's looking good around your place :rock:. Is that a locust tree I see in one of those pictures by the lean too, let me know if you need a hand with that :).

Sorry buddy, I already cut the locust cookies at 16-18, that's ash I'm cutting in the videos.
There are some locust logs that can bee seen there, those I'm hoping to mill some of and the rest will be firewood :sweet:.
It's looking good around your place :rock:. Is that a locust tree I see in one of those pictures by the lean too, let me know if you need a hand with that :).

Its just a lonely ole honey locust. On the neighbors property.

Casey, How is the four wheel splitter mod working out?

Sweet!

I need to make 3 modifications....

I need to grind the welds and move the splitter over towards the side I use it on. Having it centered keeps me leaning just enough to make it uncomfortable and the pool noodle doesn't last long because I'm constantly leaning against it due to the location of the splitter on the cart. Doing this will also allow me to create flat space on the opposite side to enlarge the work table. That will be a double win. I May be able to eliminate my separate table by doing this and just have the rollers end at the table extension, that's something Ill need to work out.

I bought a large ring to weld onto the end of the tongue. Right now I have to change inserts on my tractor between a ball and an insert with just the hole when I want to pull either the wagon or splitter. Welding the ring on will allow me to throw it over the ball and attach it to the back of the wagon without having to change the insert.

It so much easier to move around as well. Height is better since I raised it about 3 inches. I'm very pleased with the modification.

39e03068f9f6a4703aa34ebbcd32951a.jpg

Back