572xp anyone else have one yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is only 6months old, Starts easy hot or cold, good power and anti vibration.
It feels like a 562 big block so to speak, it's snappy response and smoothness makes it a pleasure to use.
The air filter is doing a great job in the dusty conditions I'm using it in.
The bar on it is a lightweight Tsumura.
b98a12d3b9da32aaf7eddac9898e6984.jpg
2cf7e561387afa498770bb7b7d157c1e.jpg
9f8061e81371deeecde22c385195479f.jpg

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Big opening, but the way it's baffled to get there from the cylinder exhaust port is a ****ing joke.
Can you direct me to a good thread about removing those baffles? I’ve done searches but don’t understand wtf I’m reading or looking at.

Maybe @huskihl will let us know how much he opens them up?
I've only done the one 572 for @shadco, although they're similar to a 550 and 562. I grind through the tube from the inlet side and take the hole down as low as I can go with a burr, and yet still reach the far side to deburr the hole. Then I grind off the factory deflector and enlarge the exit hole to the size that best caters to the owners needs. And fit a custom deflector and screen where the original one was

I've only done the one 572 for @shadco, although they're similar to a 550 and 562. I grind through the tube from the inlet side and take the hole down as low as I can go with a burr, and yet still reach the far side to deburr the hole. Then I grind off the factory deflector and enlarge the exit hole to the size that best caters to the owners needs. And fit a custom deflector and screen where the original one was
Thank you for that information!

Yeah I usually use my knife and a pine needle but when I’m halfway through a rotted out stump cut that’s 36” across I’m not stoppin for nothin.... and that’s usually when the saw gets so hot and the chain goes a flyin
run it like your a meth head and the po po is inbound.

run it like your a meth head and the po po is inbound.

:chainsaw:

all i can add is it must me be nice!... Wifey would remove my testaculars If i spent that much on another saw!

I had to sell it as an investment to my wife first!

But if you bought it and let your wife run it she’d probably get another for herself. It’s a really nice saw man. I’m gonna get another one here soon assuming it stays problem free.

You didn’t happen to get any pics of the 572’s muffler when you opened her up did ya? That’d be really interesting to see; a before and after type deal. Did you notice any considerable power difference? Enough to justify the work?

It didn't take much time to do mine and it definitely made a difference. You'll laugh when you see the stock setup.

You didn’t happen to get any pics of the 572’s muffler when you opened her up did ya? That’d be really interesting to see; a before and after type deal. Did you notice any considerable power difference? Enough to justify the work?
I'll look for pics that I sent him. My main concern is giving the heat a straighter path out the front. So the less metal inside, the more heat can get out. But its impossible to get the whole baffle out without cutting the muff in half, or at least cutting a big hole in it and welding it back up. In my opinion, it's one of the more difficult mufflers to open up. And without removing a large portion of the baffle, there's not much for gains to be had

I'll look for pics that I sent him. My main concern is giving the heat a straighter path out the front. So the less metal inside, the more heat can get out. But its impossible to get the whole baffle out without cutting the muff in half, or at least cutting a big hole in it and welding it back up. In my opinion, it's one of the more difficult mufflers to open up. And without removing a large portion of the baffle, there's not much for gains to be had

Hmmm... some food for thought for sure. I might wait a bit until I have an extra OEM muffler then go to town just in case I botch the job.

This is probably the dumbest **** you ever heard... but what would happen if I ran the saw with no muffler at all?

Hmmm... some food for thought for sure. I might wait a bit until I have an extra OEM muffler then go to town just in case I botch the job.

This is probably the dumbest **** you ever heard... but what would happen if I ran the saw with no muffler at all?
Probably nothing if you went slow for awhile to let the autotune adjust.

And it would be really loud....

...scary...

No mufkin pics.

Latest posts

Back