• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Sachs Dolmar KMS-4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a nice Sachs Dolmar KMS-4 rotary for sale. The saw starts, runs, idles, revs, cuts and oils. That said, it could probably stand to be tuned. I don’t know much about these and have heard they’re a little finicky, so I made no attempt to adjust the tune. The collector I got it from is a friend whom I trust and he said he had done a bit of cutting with it at a get-together, but all I did was make a couple of quick cuts. I just put fresh fuel in it for a little testing and to make a video. In order to be safe I used 32:1. To be clear, I'm not selling this as a wood cutter, but rather as a collectible.

The little fragile guard near the bottom of the handlebar is broken like you often see with these. There is also a chunk out of the front/bottom of the clutch cover. Both of these can be seen in the photos. The safety interlock on the rear handle is MIA. Lastly, the kill switch does not kill the saw; I just use the choke. I’m not saying all of this to make the saw sound bad, just trying to be up front about what I know about it. It really is a nice saw, and a good example of a KMS-4.

A video of the saw running can be found here:
https://youtu.be/fuiTVj8-wqg

Asking $1,500 plus shipping & insurance. Buyer pays any transaction fees. PayPal is preferred, but I’m okay with most any reasonable payment method.

If you're interested in purchasing the saw please private message me. Thank you.

IMG_3072.JPG IMG_3073.JPG IMG_3074.JPG IMG_3075.JPG IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3077.JPG IMG_3078.JPG IMG_3079.JPG IMG_3080.JPG IMG_3082.JPG

Offers?

Would prefer a cash deal, but to cast a wider (potential trade) net I'm interested in things like the below:
  • Stihl 1106 & 1109 series saws and rare parts, particularly...
    • Minty/nice original embossed top early 090AV
    • Minty/nice original embossed top rigid 090
    • Most 090G saws and model specific parts
    • Sand cast Contras & parts
    • Contra G/GS
    • Contra S and model specific parts
  • PM390

Back