Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daughter just sent me this, Academy Sports and Outdoors in Athens Ga. I told her it was the best time to try out a boat and trolling motor to see how they work together.
d662135eb75a570cf75d813f39a77399.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Green lust, I have no bows and have never seen one for sale around my area here in the west. Not sure what I would do with one, haven't been around them. Maybe I'll have to make one, I have all the material that I need where I used to work and I can go there and get what I want. Nice place and nice people. Just came back from the company summer picnic tonight. Ps only bad thing is cutting the housing for one.

Air filter housing and gas tank were full of gunk. Going to clean it up and see if it has any life left in it. The fuel that was

Those little S25 series saws are bullet proof, but most lacked proper maintenance.

A good degreaser douche, then a new fuel line, filter, air filter, carb kit, oil pump diaphragm, exhaust port & muffler screen clean outs, and finally crank seals (do a P/V leak test) will usually keep them going for another 30 years.

My brother brought his 2750 to me said he could not get it to run right. I changed the fuel line, fuel filter and cleaned the walbro carb. If anything it's worse than it was. I took it apart this afternoon and when I removed the fuel line from the carb gas sprayed everywhere, like it was under pressure. This saw uses a single fuel line so I didn't think the tank should be under pressure. I looked at the parts IPL and found that it has a tank vent under the carb adapter. I removed the adapter, found the vent, reached inside the tank and think I felt a duckbill under the vent. Is this a one way vent or should it let pressure off the tank. Vent at end of screwdriver.
CannonPoulan 2750.jpg

My brother brought his 2750 to me said he could not get it to run right. I changed the fuel line, fuel filter and cleaned the walbro carb. If anything it's worse than it was. I took it apart this afternoon and when I removed the fuel line from the carb gas sprayed everywhere, like it was under pressure. This saw uses a single fuel line so I didn't think the tank should be under pressure. I looked at the parts IPL and found that it has a tank vent under the carb adapter. I removed the adapter, found the vent, reached inside the tank and think I felt a duckbill under the vent. Is this a one way vent or should it let pressure off the tank. Vent at end of screwdriver.
CannonView attachment 754496

It does let pressure build in the tank. Chainsaw fuel tank vents are one way only and prevent a vacuum from forming in the tank.

I posted a thread in the chainsaws forum and was directed to come here. I got a Poulan 5200 a couple days ago and thought it was in good shape to rebuild. When I tore it down I discovered the piston and cylinder are scored. looks like both pins in the piston worked their way out slightly and wore a nice vertical groove in the cylinder. I can hone it but I think I would be removing enough plating that the rebuild would not last long. I looked on ebay for a cylinder but the only thing available is a aftermarket setup that is smaller in bore size. I did some research and found out that the 5200, 6900, 7700 and 8500 were all 85cc and that Poulan did not make a saw of their own bigger than that. Is this correct and if so, could I use a 7700 cylinder for my 5200?

Back