The MOST $$$ I’ll spend on a new chainsaw is...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ll set the scene...

You walk past the shop and low and behold you see the love of your life sitting there in the window o_O, you tell your better half that it’s the last saw you’ll ever buy :eek::oops: (bah! yeah right!...) and you just have to have it :crazy2::baba: “Honey, can you imagine how much better the yard will look?! And this one, yes this one it cuts so much faster! I’ll have more time to spend with you!! :bowdown:

How far would you stretch?!? Let’s keep the currency standard USD. :chainsaw:

I’ll jump in first and say I’m one to buy once cry once. I’ll buy the tool I need for the intended job, but nothing more unnecessarily and if finances are there, spend on getting the best I can afford at the time. I’d say somewhere around 1,000-1,300 USD.

I walked in just over a year ago and bought my dream saw the 395xp brand new for 1399$ CAD.

That’s roughly 1055USD

This saw has never let me down, it was a dream saw in my head and ended up being literally a dream to own.

I got quoted 1299cad for the 3120xp, I’m thinking about it still but I’ll probably end up getting it someday. I got 2 months of school to do and then when I get back bills to pay off. But possibly in the new year I might just go and get her. Time will tell

I walked in just over a year ago and bought my dream saw the 395xp brand new for 1399$ CAD.

That’s roughly 1055USD

This saw has never let me down, it was a dream saw in my head and ended up being literally a dream to own.

I got quoted 1299cad for the 3120xp, I’m thinking about it still but I’ll probably end up getting it someday. I got 2 months of school to do and then when I get back bills to pay off. But possibly in the new year I might just go and get her. Time will tell
Awesome! Probably the best thing to do is hold off and see if you still want it! Easier said than done :)

Whatever the wife lets me spend... Can't see myself spending more than $500 honestly. I don't need a 90cc saw and there's so many good deals on used 70-80cc saws that I'll likely to buy used from now on.
Seems like the used market in western Australia is really thin on the ground, in the USA and Canada where logging and forests are so prevalent everyone has chainsaws and thus so many on the used market, here sadly not so!

Most of spent was $850 on my Stihl 460 with 2 bars 4 chains and a case. So I guess $850 is the most I would pay.

Most I would pay if I didn’t have my current saw line up would be about $1200 for a Stihl 462, because I really need a saw that can pull a 28” chain, or maybe $1350 for a 661.

Seems like the used market in western Australia is really thin on the ground, in the USA and Canada where logging and forests are so prevalent everyone has chainsaws and thus so many on the used market, here sadly not so!

What? You mean Pine forests do not do well planted in red talcum powder? :surprised3:

I guess the most I WOULD spend if I could justify it- would be getting $1 change back out of $2.5K for a brand new 395XP. That is in our dollars- in USD it means around $1,603:08....... :nofunny:

Probably around $800. I sort of want an 80 CC saw, but don't really need one. I have a large Maple that is slowly dying and will eventually fall into my creek. Nothing in my current stash is large enough to cut it.

Latest posts

Back